Business Support Analyst 2 (Hybrid)
Connect passion with purpose. The Georgia Department of Public Health is the lead agency entrusted by the people of Georgia to proudly protect lives and promote healthy lifestyles in diverse communities statewide. We are committed to the health of the population of Georgia as our work impacts past, present and future generations.
What we offer. Enjoy a generous benefits package that includes a flexible work schedule, unique training opportunities, engaging worksite wellness events, wellness breaks, lactation rooms, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 13 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance; in addition to telework opportunities depending on the position.
Make your mark in public service. As an accredited public health department, we're seeking a highly qualified candidate for the position of Business Support Analyst within the Division of Health Protection in Atlanta, GA.
Won't you join us?
This is a grant-funded position.
The Opioid and Substance Misuse Response Program is seeking a Business Support Analyst to provide complex administrative duties and statistical, financial, or operational data analysis and reporting in support of management decision making. The position will also provide support to the Prescription Drug Monitoring Program and the Epidemiology Drug Surveillance Unit. Individual will provide administrative support for various statewide Work Groups and District Opioid Public Health Analysts.
Duties will include providing clerical support to staff by preparing documents, data entry, reviewing invoices received for accuracy, and other duties as assigned. Will participate in scheduling and planning meetings/events. May partner with other departments, divisions, outside agencies, and vendors to address business issues. May administer or provide high level support for various projects, grants, contracts, implementation of procedures, and/or any specialized functions. Requires organizational skills, some understanding of project management, accuracy in data entry, ability to develop and expand monthly reports for partners, and a thorough knowledge of Excel and Word. Some local and/or in-state travel may be required to support Work Groups and other meeting activities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts and coordinates financial, personnel, product, market, operational, and related research to support strategic and business planning
- Develops economic demographic, business, and sociological forecasts to support development of plans and strategies
- Establishes and maintains a positive working relationship with area business community, internal and external agency customers, and other related contacts
- Monitors effectiveness of business operations, assesses quality of service and makes recommendations to improve operations
- Receives additional training, as required, to gain full proficiency and experience in all areas
- Gathers, compiles and analyzes data
- Prepares reports of findings and analysis. May make recommendations to management for operational changes
Bachelor's degree in business or related field from an accredited college or university AND Two years of experience related to area of assignment.
Note: An equivalent combination of education and job specific experience that provided the knowledge, experience and competencies required to successfully perform the job at the level listed may be substituted on a year-over-year basis.
- Experience with PeopleSoft
- Experience with substance use prevention and response