The Information Technology Industry Council (ITI) is the premier advocacy and policy organization for the world's leading innovation companies. ITI is seeking a Fellow to join its Policy team. This opportunity is located at ITI’s headquarters in Washington, DC. ITI is committed to attracting creative, talented, and energetic team members who represent the diverse communities that they advocate for. As a prospective and/or new employee, you will be required to comply with the company’s vaccination protocol.
- Monitor legislative, regulatory, and policy proposals in the United States (local, state, and federal), as well as global markets.
- Assist in drafting fact sheets, position papers, letters, comments, and other written materials for policymakers.
- Manage projects under staff members, such as new policy initiatives and member surveys.
- Maintain tracking sheets for policy developments, industry contacts, and other data as necessary, including but not limited to ITI interviews, news mentions, and press clippings.
- Collect and track regulatory data on Energy Star, California e-waste law, Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool (EPEAT), technical barriers to trade, export control regulations, and tech sector impacts in key markets.
- Support ITI’s Climate Committee initiatives
- Assist in the drafting of strategic recommendations and other written products for ITI members.
- Monitor current events and compose news clippings.
- Compile data and other information for research projects.
- Coordinate and organize virtual trips and events.
- Applied and accepted into a Master’s degree program focused on political science, public policy, international affairs/relations, economics, technology policy (e.g., cybersecurity), relevant STEM (e.g., engineering, computer science), business, communications, marketing, or a related field
- Also eligible are students enrolled in a legal or professional (e.g., JD/LLM) degree program focused on international business, international trade, consumer protection, data/privacy, or competition/anti-trust
- Demonstrated interest and knowledge of technology policy
- Demonstrated interest in energy, environment, and climate issue.
- Open source research, analytical, writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office 365 required; advanced Excel skills
- Foreign language competency preferred, but not necessary, in languages such as Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, Korean, and language of an ASEAN country (Mandarin Chinese, Vietnamese, Thai, Bahasa Indonesian, etc.)
- Emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Commitment to accuracy, detail, and follow-up
- Team player that works to build consensus
- Customer service-oriented; possess tact, diplomacy, good judgment and discretion, reliability, and professionalism.
How To Apply
If you believe you meet the requirements, please submit a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
About The Information Technology Industry Council (ITI)
Originally founded in 1916 and globally headquartered in Washington, DC, the Information Technology Industry Council (ITI) is the premier advocacy and policy organization for the world's leading innovation companies. ITI advocates for public policies that advance innovation, open markets, and enable the transformational economic, societal, and commercial opportunities that our companies are creating. ITI members represent the entire spectrum of technology from internet companies to hardware and networking equipment manufacturers, to software developers. ITI’s diverse membership and expert staff provide a broad perspective and intelligent insight in confronting the implications and opportunities of policy activities around the world.
ITI is committed to attracting creative, talented, and energetic team members who represent the diverse communities that they advocate for. In addition to an open, friendly, and flexible work atmosphere, ITI offers employees a comprehensive health insurance and benefits package.
ITI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.