2023 Wells Fargo CIB Corporate Banking Summer Analyst Program
2023 Wells Fargo CIB Corporate Banking Summer Analyst Program
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo is seeking talent to join the 2023 Corporate Banking Summer Analyst Program in Corporate and Investment Banking. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com
Corporate Banking Overview
The Wells Fargo Corporate and Investment Banking Group (CIB) serves large corporate and institutional clients that span a broad range of businesses across the investment grade, non-investment grade, public, and private spaces, both domestically and internationally. Wells Fargo banks nearly 3 out of 4 Fortune 500 companies and through CIB, our Corporate Bankers serve our clients by using the Wells Fargo balance sheet for financing our clients’ day-to-day corporate activities as well as strategic activity, including mergers and acquisitions. Corporate Bankers cover both large corporate and middle market clients through the CIB platform and are also responsible for generating ideas and solutions across Wells Fargo’s suite of products and services. Our Corporate Bankers meet regularly with Wells Fargo clients regarding Debt Financing and Treasury Management strategies among other banking products that Corporate Treasurers look to us to provide. Additionally, CIB Corporate Bankers partner with CIB Investment Bankers to evaluate potential acquisition targets, perform debt financing analysis, and ultimately provide or help source any debt financing needs.
Our CIB Coverage Teams are organized by industry vertical to provide the appropriate level of specialization and partner with our CIB Capital Markets, Corporate Finance and M&A teams to deliver Corporate and Investment Banking solutions to our clients. The CIB Coverage Industry verticals include:
· Consumer & Retail
· Energy & Power
· Financial Institutions
· Technology, Media & Telecom
WHAT THE PROGRAM OFFERS
The Corporate Banking Summer Analyst Program is designed to provide undergraduate students an in-depth understanding of the day-to-day responsibilities of a full-time employee. Summer Analysts receive a comprehensive professional and educational experience through on-the-job training by joining a business group and working alongside team members who are experts in their fields. In addition, the program offers organized activities that allow Summer Analysts to receive analytical training, meet senior executives, and network with other participants across business lines.
Corporate Banking Summer Analysts, depending on the group to which they are assigned, assume significant responsibilities that may include:
· Performing company and industry research;
· Preparing historical financial performance analysis and modeling future financial performance to identify key credit risks;
· Preparing client marketing materials utilizing Excel and PowerPoint presentation skills;
· Assisting in the preparation of credit underwriting materials and presentations for Wells Fargo’s Risk Committee approval;
· Assisting with deal closings;
· Support the management of existing client relationships through the ongoing monitoring of industry events, company press releases, and financial statements and preparing memorandums to update management on the latest client information as needed.
Program duration: 10 weeks
Program Locations: Primary locations include Charlotte, New York, Denver, Boston, Minneapolis, Chicago, Dallas or Houston.
**Due to a city-wide mandate in New York City, all individuals who perform in-person work or interact with the public during business must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or qualify for an approved accommodation to be exempt from being fully vaccinated. Currently, this position falls under the scope of this mandate. **
- 6+ months of work experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
· An individual who demonstrates a sense of personal accountability and urgency for achieving results
· Strong analytical skills and high attention to detail and accuracy
· Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
· Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
· Ability to take on a high level of responsibility and demonstrate necessary initiative
· Acts with integrity, character and sound judgement
· Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills
· Bachelor’s degree with an expected graduation date in December 2023 or May/June 2024
Wells Fargo will only consider candidates who are presently authorized to work for any employer in the United States and who will not require work visa sponsorship from Wells Fargo now or in the future in order to retain their authorization to work in the United States.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation, and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran