About Trickle Up
Trickle Up is a global poverty alleviation nonprofit with a mission to partner with women in extreme poverty to build economic opportunity and drive inclusion. In partnership with governments and local, national, and international organizations, we reach underserved women in remote, rural areas with livelihood programming. Together, we equip women with tools and support as they forge their own resilient pathways out of extreme poverty for themselves, their families, and their communities.
Trickle Up is seeking a development associate in the individual giving department, a new position. The associate will report to the New York-based senior development officer for individual giving; manage several key fundraising initiatives independently; and support the individual giving team’s collective objective to increase fundraising from individuals by 20%+ next year and in the years ahead.
The associate position is an exciting opportunity for someone eager to work closely with Trickle Up’s president, vice president of development, senior development officer, donor records manager, and others across the organization. You are energized by the challenge of helping take a department to its next level of growth. You are at once eager to learn from others while leading projects as well. You enjoy supporting and contributing to the totality of a close-knit team’s efforts.
We are looking for a team player who is proactive, enthusiastic, supportive, detail-oriented, curious, organized, mature, analytical, and a strong writer and editor.
- Draft and manage the production of all written fundraising appeals (~5 mailings per year, with coordinated e-blast campaigns). Identify compelling participant stories, draft appeal content, coordinate lists, provide design support and manage printing from external vendor(s)
- Design and format e-blast fundraising campaigns, and liaise with the Communications Officer to produce social media fundraising appeal strategy and content where needed
- Coordinate other appeals as needed (e.g., planned giving, targeted campaigns, etc.)
- Plan and manage 3-5 small donor events per year, including coordination of logistics, program development, speaker/venue procurement, catering, guest lists, and development of run of show for events where needed
Donor cultivation and portfolio support
- Support the president’s and individual giving team’s work on donor meeting research, strategy, scheduling, preparation, and tracking donor meeting results and follow-up
- Contribute to content creation for major donor and family foundation reports and proposals and track requirements, touchpoints, and deadlines
- Contribute to donor stewardship through donor thanking and cultivating a portfolio of donors with quarterly touchpoints
- Support the development team in creating other template language and donor products as needed
- Liaise with team members to maximize utilization of Raiser’s Edge’s NXT, and other donor tracking tools and software
- Research non-cash donation vehicles, relevant relationships, and support building Trickle Up’s non-cash gifts program
- Ensure SharePoint document folders for the department stay clean, organized, and utilized
- Assist with donor analytics and other digital/technical projects as needed
- Track and report out on the team's key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 2 years of internships and/or entry-level professional experience in any/all sectors (e.g., private, nonprofit, government, etc.)
Knowledge and skills
- Experience setting priorities, managing multiple tasks, meeting deadlines, keeping priorities clear, and tracking multiple projects development simultaneously while maintaining high-quality work products
- Strong writing/editing skills
- Microsoft Office proficiency, including a strong background in Excel and/or PowerPoint and openness to continuous improvement of technical skill-building for self and to assist team priorities
- Eager to learn, build and manage the fundraising systems, processes, and reporting that support effective fundraising and success
- Well-organized and strong analytical abilities; able to approach tasks creatively, cooperatively, and solve problems
- Capacity to develop and maintain positive, productive working relationships with staff, board, donors, volunteers, and outside consultants and vendors
- Articulate verbal communicator and strong writer
- High comfort with digital technology, social media, and learning re: tech solutions for our work
- Demonstrates independent initiative while also being highly collaborative with close teams
- A fast learner who can handle multiple projects/priorities simultaneously
- Ability to handle sensitive information discretely
- Poised and calm under pressure with a good sense of humor
- Willingness and ability to meet the evolving needs and requirements of the department and the job
- Ability to occasionally work extended hours in order to meet deadlines and manage in-person events
- Interest in growing into a fundraising or nonprofit professional is a plus but not required
- Interest in non-profit and mission-driven work (generally, through studies or work experience, etc.) is a plus but not required
Compensation and Benefits:
As this is a full-time position, we offer a competitive salary and complete benefits program, including comprehensive, affordable health care through medical, dental, and vision coverage; life and disability insurance; opportunities to save using flexible spending accounts; retirement benefits to help prepare for the future; and work/life benefits.
To be considered, click the link provided and follow the instructions to upload your cover letter and resume. A cover letter is required. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until filled. We are sorry we are unable to entertain phone calls related to this posting.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which include criminal records checks and other reference-check databases Trickle Up participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this initiative, as part of the referencing process, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment during employment. By submitting an application, you confirm your understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Trickle Up requires that employees be vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to visiting or working in an RLF office or conducting any travel or in-person meetings on behalf of our organization. If you are hired for this position, RLF will require proof that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.
Trickle Up is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and extend equal opportunity to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform essential job functions.