High School History Teacher
Southern Teachers can help you find a teaching job that’s the right fit for you.
A private/independent school in Brooklandville, MD has engaged Southern Teachers search services to help them hire a High School History Teacher for the 2022-23 school year. We currently have several more History positions in Maryland listed, as well as many more around the South.
Are you qualified?
· If you majored History, your skill set is in demand in schools. A Bachelor’s Degree is required (3.0 GPA minimum).
· For secondary school, teaching certification is prized, but not required.
· Graduate degrees can be advantageous, but are not required
· Experience with kids in any capacity is desirable, especially for recent graduates without teaching degrees.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Plan lessons and develop curriculum to convey historical facts and concepts
2. Help students build and apply analytical and reasoning skills through engagement with a variety of sources
3. Employ a variety of instructional methods to respond effectively to student needs
4. Assess and track student progress, and communicate as needed with colleagues, parents, and students
Southern Teachers, as an education recruitment firm, is helping fill this position. Our personalized teacher placement service helps you run an efficient job search and discern the best opportunities for you. We learn about your experience and training, as well as the parameters of your search (position type, school type, and geography), and make referrals that match you with the right schools, hopefully this one. Our services are free to candidates.
How to start your job search through us:
· Apply: fill out an online application with Southern Teachers.
· Schedule: If we can help with your job search, your assigned Placement Counselor will schedule an interview to learn about your experience and search requirements.
· Connect: we will identify the best job opportunities for you and start connecting you with schools.
Salaries vary and are determined by each individual school.
Share your passion, and help kids grow—be a teacher!
Learn more about our work with teaching candidates and the other ways we support schools or apply today at SouthernTeachers.com