Job Req ID: 18476
Supermicro® is a Top Tier provider of advanced server, storage, and networking solutions for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/ Big Data, Hyperscale, HPC and IoT/Embedded customers worldwide. We are the #5 fastest growing company among the Silicon Valley Top 50 technology firms. Our unprecedented global expansion has provided us with the opportunity to offer a large number of new positions to the technology community. We seek talented, passionate, and committed engineers, technologists, and business leaders to join us.
We are seeking a service-oriented and self-motivated professional to join our IT team. In this role, you will work on maintaining and monitoring the computer systems and frontend networks troubleshooting for our business. The position will also need to plan for upgrades, updates, and maintenance tasks for end users.
The IT Engineer is the primary technical contact for our employees and insures that service delivery aligns with Supermicro's standards. This individual will have an in-depth knowledge of the IT environment, and business requirements, with the desired goal of reducing the amount of reactive support required. Customer satisfaction and fast resolution time are the primary objectives of the IT Engineer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interact with other teams to assist in troubleshooting, identify root cause, and provide technical support when needed
- Assess open systems tools and provide recommendation
- Evaluate/Monitors Systems/Application performance and provide recommendations for enhancements/changes to maximize performance
- Imaging new PCs & laptops and configuring them for end user use.
- Create and maintain Knowledgebase for online database and web site
- Basic knowledge of enterprise LAN and WAN setups and concepts
- Ability to troubleshoot issues with systems and networks using good deductive reasoning skills
- Ability to work with deadlines and complete tasks on time
- Provide excellent customer service to users including responding to and resolving requests related to hardware and software assistance, telephony services, account creating and entitlements, and other general IT support
- Setup and install computer peripherals like monitors, network printers and end user related service
- Experience with PC Refresh or Win 10 Migration
- Responsible for end users Hardware/software installations
- Bachelor’s degree in IT related fields (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, etc.) preferred
- 4+ years of experience providing IT Infrastructure field support which includes troubleshooting hardware, software, and operating system issues, and problems and fixing the issues
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Experience in Active Directory and Imaging tools is advantage
- Must have strong operating system and hardware knowledge
- Medium to expert knowledge in O365 tools and services
- Experience with PowerShell scripting and SharePoint
- Good written and oral communication skills with clients and management as well as people skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds like computers, printers, monitors, and peripherals
Supermicro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Supermicro to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or special disabled veteran, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.