Research Associate - Richmond, VA
What this job involves-
The Research Associate is an integral member of the research team, working directly with executive leadership and research managers to grow and expand the company’s existing research and expert network platform. Job responsibilities include robust healthcare industry research to stay up-to-date on what’s new in the sector; operational activities; interacting with various healthcare stakeholders including physicians, hospital administers, scientists, and sales professionals; and assisting internal teams on healthcare market research projects for FirstThought clients.
This role requires an enthusiastic, proactive individual and an outstanding communicator with the ability to deliver incredible customer service, organization, and collaboration.
· Build upon the company’s existing platform of healthcare professionals, industry executives, and scientists.
· Utilize various online research tools to find and engage with healthcare professionals.
· Provide input and valuable feedback in department meetings.
· Communicate proactively, accurately and impeccably both verbally, over the phone, and in writing with team members and external stakeholders.
· Proactively develop and manage relationships with healthcare professionals and life sciences executives.
· Actively contribute to an environment of teamwork, co-operation, performance excellence and personal success.
· A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Science or Arts field.
· 1+ year prior experience in sales, customer service or related field preferred.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, Adobe Suite, and Salesforce (or similar CRM) strongly preferred.
· Strong analytical, organizational and presentation skills.
· Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to work independently with little supervision and effectively deal with stressful situations.
· Self-motivated; confident, energetic, and flexible.
· Strong interest in healthcare or life sciences industries.
· Ardent work ethic fit for a start-up culture.
Full-time In-Person Position with a Sept/Oct start date