Staff Civil Engineer - Cary, North Carolina
Staff Civil Engineer - Cary, North Carolina (Regular Full-Time)
As a Staff 1 Engineer in our pipelines discipline, you will have an opportunity for short-term and long-term career advancement. GeoEngineers focuses on training and developing our future principal engineers and leaders in-house. You can expect to spend a significant portion of your time in the field, allowing you to develop a broad understanding of site conditions and construction practices. As you gain experience, you will have an opportunity to apply what you’ve learned in the field to engineering and design of trenchless pipeline projects. This position will require approximately 50% regional and national travel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and execute subsurface exploration programs.
- Perform site reconnaissance to document existing conditions.
- Observe and document construction activities and compliance with specifications.
- Communicate effectively with GeoEngineers staff, clients and contractors.
- Perform design calculations and analysis using in-house software.
- Assist GeoEngineers CAD designers with design plans.
- Assist with writing technical reports and proposals.
- BS in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or Geological Engineering required; MS preferred
- 1 year related experience preferred, including general understanding of construction principles
- Knowledge of the construction workplace & survey principles preferred
- A construction field orientation and proven problem-solving skills
- Ability to generate documents and spreadsheets for pipe stress, drill path design and CAD drawing in real-time, preferred
- Professional-level verbal and written communication skills
- Desire and willingness to travel 50% of the time!
- Valid driver's license
Our Commitment to Belonging at GeoEngineers
When people feel they can bring their whole selves to work, that they have a voice and are supported and respected, it creates trust and a feeling of belonging— employees then flourish, grow their careers, and do the best work of their lives. They are more innovative and creative, more productive, and better able to serve our clients and communities. A culture of belonging allows our employees to thrive and our company to prosper. This is a journey. We are committed to doing the work, learning, and evolving as we go.
GeoEngineers is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.