The Development internship with The Nature Connection is a unique and exciting way to participate in the critical behind-the-scenes function of general administration for a small non-profit. Interns will gain invaluable knowledge and experience related to individual, corporate, and foundation philanthropy, prospect research, and professional writing skills. Additionally, successful applicants will gain experience in the administrative and external roles of the Development department.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Interact with staff, volunteers, and supporters.
- Assist with donor relations: send donor thank you letters and keep donor management system up-to-date.
- Assist in development: grant writing, researching potential grants, editing proposal reports, tracking submission deadlines, data entry, and assisting with other office duties as assigned.
- Complete other assignments as required.
Key Skills & Requirements:
- Preferred candidates should be enrolled in, or have recently completed one or more years of college courses in an undergraduate program of studies in communications, business, biology or a related field.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability for independent judgment and decision-making.
- Creativity, passion, and humor while also being flexible under pressure.
- Tech-savvy. Any experience with Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Photoshop or InDesign), WordPress, donor management or email marketing software is a plus.
- Ability to work productively and efficiently, independently and as part of a team.
- Nature Connection values diversity of opinion, background, and ability in our program participants as well as staff, volunteers, board, friends and supporters.
Details: Flexible schedule, 8-20 hours per week (12-15 weeks) for 1-2 semesters, unpaid, access to professional development opportunities
To Apply: Send a resume and cover letter explaining your interest in The Nature Connection and how it relates to your overall career goals to: Pam McKenna, Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
Accepting applications for Spring 2023 semester on a rolling basis.