2023-24: K-12 Teaching Jobs at Private/Independent Schools
Application Deadlines: We accept applications year-round on a rolling basis. It's never too late to apply, however:
- If you are graduating in December 2022, we recommend applying late summer or early fall.
- If you are graduating spring or summer 2023, we recommend applying in the fall or early winter.
Private and independent schools in across the South are hiring K-12 teachers and coaches in all subjects and sports. These schools use Southern Teachers' Teacher Placement Services to find the best person to join their school community.
Are you qualified for these teaching jobs?
· If you majored or minored in a K-12 core subject, your skill set is in demand in schools. A Bachelor’s Degree is required (3.0 GPA minimum)
· Athletic experience could qualify you to coach a school team
· For Elementary positions, teaching certification is required
· For Middle and High School, teaching certification is prized but not required
· Experience with kids in any capacity will help your application, especially for recent graduates without teaching degrees
· Graduate degrees can be advantageous, but are not required
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Plan engaging lessons and develop coherent, grade- and subject-appropriate curriculum
2. Help students develop habits of teamwork, critical thinking, and life-long learning
3. Assist individual students with specific needs, employing a variety of methods and approaches
4. Assess, track, and communicate student progress
5. Supervise extracurricular activities and sports
Southern Teachers is an education recruitment firm that helps teachers find jobs at almost a thousand K-12 private schools around the South. These schools focus on college preparation, small class sizes, and maximizing student engagement.
Founded in 1902, our personalized teacher placement service helps you run an efficient job search and discern the best opportunities for you. We learn about your experience and training, as well as the parameters of your search (position type, schools type, and geography), and make referrals that match you with the right schools,
How to start your job search through us:
· Apply**: fill out an online application with Southern Teachers.
· Schedule: If we can help with your job search, your assigned Placement Counselor will schedule an interview to learn about your experience and search requirements.
· Connect: we will identify the best job opportunities for you and start connecting you with schools.
Salaries vary and are determined by each individual school.
Learn more about our work with teaching and the other ways we support schools or apply today at SouthernTeachers.com