Entry Level Energy Engineer
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills, and work ethic
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Self-motivated, and team-oriented, with the ability to work successfully both independently and within a team.
- Flexible attitude towards assignments, with the initiative and ability to take on new projects and other challenges regularly.
- Dependability and an eagerness to take ownership of tasks.
- Interested in a combination of office work, field assignments, and travel.
- Knowledge of engineering concepts, theories, and practices related to building/mechanical systems, energy efficiency, renewable generation and other clean energy technologies.
- Knowledge of building control systems a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Provide technical support for project execution & delivery within the clean energy space.
- Gather information; evaluate, analyze, and support visualization of energy use data; support energy efficiency and distributed generation calculations; support building and system modeling; support technical and financial calculations.
- Perform engineering analyses, modeling, and calculations to support execution and delivery of feasibility studies, energy audits, sustainability plans, and detailed designs.
- Support field activities associated with clean energy projects including energy audits, lighting inventories, implementation oversight, and measurement and verification.
- Correspond with task managers, project managers, project teams, and clients.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Architecture, Energy Engineering, or a related engineering degree.
- Current, valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Experience in energy efficiency, renewable generation or EV work/academic experience.
- Prior internship or work experience (0 to 3 years) in Consulting Engineering or other business working in the clean energy sector.
- MS Mechanical Engineering, Energy Engineering, Energy Policy, or other related discipline.
- EIT certification.
- Other energy-related accreditation, certification or training.
- eQuest or other energy modeling software experience.
- Use of AutoCAD/Revit/BIM.