Water Engineer Internship
Arcadis is currently seeking an Engineering intern to join our Water/Wastewater Business Line in our Wakefield, MA office for the FALL TERM 2022. This position would require working a 20 hour workweek who would ideally be available late august/early September through December. The position will perform a variety of investigation, design, and construction-related work in support of small and large infrastructure projects in the New England area.
During this internship, the intern will perform planning studies, design and field investigations for water and wastewater projects (including collection systems, transmission and distribution, pumping stations and treatment plants). This position requires the intern to be reliable, client-focused and capable of working independently under the supervision of project managers.
Daily tasks will be diverse and range from general field support to technical office work which requires strong communication skills and experience with AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Acrobat. Familiarity/experience with ArcGIS, Microstation and some hydraulic modeling software would be ideal but is not required.
- Prepare and review design calculations
- Establish quantity and cost estimates
- Assist in the creation / development of written technical reports, Preliminary Design Reports, evaluation memorandums, letters, spreadsheets, permitting applications, plans, detail drawings, and writing specifications.
- Assist in construction administration and inspection tasks, field investigations and site visits
- Work on multiple concurrent projects with multiple deadlines, ensuring completion per project budgets and timelines
- Meet project, client and regulatory requirements, standards and deadlines
Qualifications & Experience:
- Currently enrolled in a program seeking a degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Previous internship or co-op experience in similar type of civil engineering work
- Familiarity with ArcView/GIS, WaterCAD, or SWMM