Manufacturing Engineer Co-Op / Intern
All Semesters Co-Op / Internship Opportunity
Carlisle Brake & Friction (CBF) is a leading solutions provider for high performance and severe duty brake, clutch and transmission applications to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and aftermarket customers in the mining, construction, military, agricultural, motorsports, industrial, and aerospace markets. The company's brands, including Wellman Products Group, Carlisle Brake & Friction, Hawk Performance®, Japan Power Brake, VelveTouch® and Field Pro®, offer a diverse range of the most highly engineered braking and friction products available today. With 10 global manufacturing facilities in the U.S., U.K., Italy, China, Japan and India, Carlisle Brake & Friction serves more than 100 leading OEMs in 55 countries.
About the Position: Fall Internship/Co-Op opportunity! This position will be working with the Continuous Improvement Engineering Department in Medina Ohio to assist the implementation of all engineering initiatives. This individual will assist in Value Engineering and other world-class practices to eliminate waste within our operations.
· Estimate production times, staffing requirements and related costs to update routers.
· Solves problems confronting manufacturing performance, directly or indirectly, employing engineering analysis, and identifying support as required.
· Analyzes and plans workforce utilization, space requirements, workflow and design layouts of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
· Participate in the debug, run-off, installation and start-up of capital equipment.
· Must be willing to travel, work extended hours and weekends as required to perform the objectives of this function.
· Participates in and supports the Company’s Six Sigma initiatives.
· Participates in Total Lean events to improve productivity and reduce waste.
· Promote, educate and instill a culture of waste identification and elimination throughout the manufacturing operation by utilizing Lean Manufacturing concepts and the principles of Kaizen (continuous improvement).
Must have completed the Freshman year as a minimum and preferably be in the Sophomore, Junior or Senior year of Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or Industrial Engineering Program.
Please visit our website for more product information: www.carlislecbf.com