Social Media Marketing Intern
Seeking an enthusiastic, organized, and resourceful intern to help support our online presence through content marketing via email campaigns, blogging, and scheduling content for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
We are looking for someone who has working experience using social media scheduling tools and knows how to plan and execute social media schedules. You should have a good understanding of how to interact with online communities and build a following. This role is very hands-on and requires someone comfortable taking the lead to do things on their own. You will be working with our Marketing Team Lead to build the content, so collaboration and communication are crucial for this role.
At this time, Good Counsel Services is unable to pay our interns, but we are happy to work with students’ schools for academic credit or outside funding.
We are flexible on your availability, but we expect a commitment of at least three months, 15-20 hrs per week, and attendance at one of our bi-weekly stand-up meetings (Mondays at 10:30 AM EST and Thursdays at 4:15 PM EST). The start date is negotiable.
- Working with the marketing team to brainstorm and create compelling content, visual design, and draft copy for social media platforms
- Monitoring, tracking, and reporting performance data of social media
- Monitoring trends in social media and appropriately apply that knowledge to create viral content that will increase word of mouth and client base
- Assisting with the creation of monthly and weekly social media schedules and post content
- Support projects in other areas as needed
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
- A natural passion and curiosity for social impact and nonprofit advocacy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds and work independently
- A positive attitude and naturally creative
- Basic understanding of leading social media platforms and viral content, as well as knowledge of emerging trends and technologies
- Strong organizational skills
- Comfort using Google Suite, Canva (or other design tools), and the major social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn)