Loureiro Engineering Associates is searching for a knowledgeable and experienced Estimator to add to our team in Connecticut. This person will work a number of diverse projects within design/build, general contracting and construction management.
Our goal is to employ the right individual to be a part of our team, and work with experienced professionals who will help provide the formal training and mentoring needed to grow professionally and strive toward the opportunities that Loureiro can offer.
- Attend bid meeting and project walkthroughs and develop and execute bid strategy;
- Prepare thorough and time cost analysis;
- Analyze project proposals to prepare budget and cost estimates;
- Work with in-house architect and CAD designer for design build projects;
- Skill in reading and interpreting plans and specifications. Thoroughly review documents with an eye towards capturing scope, constructability, engineering and cost effectiveness;
- Building detailed take-offs and schedules;
- Engage with architects, engineers and subcontractors/suppliers during the bidding and budgeting phase of projects via in-person or virtual estimating meetings;
- Develop bid packages, scopes of work and construction schedules;
- Solicit bids from qualified subcontractors, suppliers and analyze recommended bid proposals based on best value;
- Participate in business development activities, including presentations and interviews to secure projects;
- Perform quantity takeoffs in order to understand projects and engage subcontractors and suppliers.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Construction Management or related field of study;
- Experience estimating projects related to commercial vertical construction;
- Strong written and oral skills;
- Conceptual estimating skills;
- Constructability knowledge;
- Solid work ethic with high energy;
- Strong computer skills.
We are passionate about solving our clients’ problems and dedicated to providing them with exceptional service. Our team is intellectually curious and self-driven to advance each activity we undertake with purpose and passion. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
Loureiro Engineering Associates, Inc. (Loureiro) is an employee owned (ESOP), full-service multi-disciplinary consulting firm with operations in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, North Carolina, and the District of Columbia. Loureiro’ s areas of expertise include the integration of the highest quality engineering, construction, environmental health & safety, energy, laboratory analytical, landscape architecture, and waste management services.
EEO/AAP Statement: Loureiro Engineering Associates Inc. is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.