Sr. Manufacturing Automation Engineer - $8,500 Sign-on Bonus!
CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, has an opening for a Sr. Manufacturing Automation Engineer at our plant in Union, S.C.
- Act as project leader for large scale, complex, manufacturing projects to ensure manufacturing success through cross-functional collaboration with other business units, coordination of overall project and budget management.
- Ensure that production processes and systems as well as our product designs for both existing and new products produce the highest possible quality (consistency) and lowest possible cost.
- Manages custom automation used for the manufacture of pharmaceutical products in flexible containers, including supplier selection, supervision during fabrication, acceptance testing, installation, and start-up. Provides technical support to the site for transfer of new automation systems including operating procedures, preventative maintenance, and spare parts requirements.
- Responsible for all processes related to electronics, pneumatics and other relevant systems within the plant.
- Designs mechanicals systems including robotics, fixtures, and tooling. Collaborates with all team members on PLCs within the plant and the associated software.
- Responsible for driving multiple improvement programs through to implementation and following-up on the results achieved, including: Quality Monitoring and Actions, Production Efficiency, Improve Assembly Methods, Document, Validate and Implement Approved Changes in accordance with Medical Device and Pharmaceutical regulatory requirements.
- May be the project leader on Lean/Six Sigma initiatives and Cost Improvement Projects, 5S, Kaizen events.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training and developing employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addresses complaints and resolving problems.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is required
- Master’s Degree is preferred
- Minimum five (5) year’s related experience in an automated assembly systems is required
- Experience in a regulated environment
- Knowledge of Six Sigma/Lean Methods is preferred
We encourage you to make your well-being a priority. It’s important and so are you. Learn more about how we care at CSL.
About CSL Plasma
CSL Plasma is one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma. Our work helps to ensure that people with rare and serious diseases are able to live normal, healthy lives. We are committed to our work because lives depend on us. Learn more about CSL Plasma.
We want CSL to reflect the world around us
As a global organization with employees in 35+ countries, CSL embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. Learn more about Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at CSL.
Do work that matters at CSL Plasma!
Company paid relocation with a great benefits package to include a 401(k) plan with a generous company match. Medical benefits eligibility on day one of employment. Pay range $85,000++ depending on experience.