Quantitative Trader Intern (Summer 2023)
Tower Research Capital, a high-frequency proprietary trading firm founded in 1998, seeks a Quantitative Trader Intern to join our team. Founded in 1998, Tower Research Capital LLC is a leader in the thriving field of quantitative trading. Working at Tower means collaborating with bright minds from around the world to create cutting edge-technology and tackle challenging technical problems. We’re engineers and pioneers who use scientific principles to identify market opportunities and who think Mondays look better in jeans and a t-shirt than in a suit and tie.
Our traders execute lightning-fast algorithmic strategies based on patterns in market behavior in over 150 markets worldwide. As a Quantitative Trader Intern, you’ll draw on your knowledge of mathematics, computer science and statistics to uncover patterns in vast amounts of financial data and deploy profitable trading strategies to markets around the world.
Your responsibilities may include any of the following, which will require you to exercise discretion and independent judgment:
- Designing, implementing, and deploying high-frequency trading algorithms
- Exploring trading ideas by analyzing market data and market microstructure for patterns
- Creating tools to analyze data for patterns
- Contributing to libraries of analytical computations to support market data analysis and trading
- Developing, augmenting, and calibrating exchange simulators
Who you are:
You are talented, driven, and hungry for a challenge. You believe that there’s no limit to what we can accomplish together in a creative, collaborative setting which pairs passion with brilliance. If you refuse to settle for a career that offers anything less, we want to meet you!
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD student
- Majoring in computer science, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, or related fields
- Proficient in an object-oriented programming language (C++ and Python preferred)
- A working knowledge of Linux/Unix
- Past industry experience (a plus)
- Experience as a Teaching Assistant and/or participation in relevant Olympiads (a plus)
- Familiarity with machine learning, data analysis, market research and data modeling (a plus)
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- A passion for new technologies and ideas
- The ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills
Financial experience is not required, but interest in financial markets is a plus.
Why you should join our team:
Tower’s headquarters and garden roofdecks are located in TriBeCa and SoHo, neighborhoods in downtown Manhattan. We also have a Chicago office located in River North, a neighborhood in central Chicago, just north of the Loop. While we work hard, Tower’s cubicle-free workplace, jeans-clad workforce, and well-stocked kitchens reflect the premium the firm places on quality of life. Benefits include:
- Competitive compensation package
- Housing accommodation
- Free breakfast, lunch, and snacks on a daily basis
- Exciting networking and social events (past events include Broadway shows, Escape Rooms, cooking classes)
- Opportunities to learn from senior management across the firm
- Mentors from your alma mater and other top institutions
Tower Research Capital is an equal opportunity employer.