ENGLISH LEARNERS ELEMENTARY TEACHER
ENGLISH LEARNERS ELEMENTARY TEACHER – EASTWOOD ELEMENTARY
POSITION: English Learners Elementary Teacher – Eastwood Elementary
TERM: 188-day contract beginning in August for 2022-2023 school year
SUMMARY: An elementary English learners (EL) teacher provides English proficiency skills in reading, writing, listening, and speaking to beginner through intermediate English learners.
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles
- Teaches district approved curriculum
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students
- Ability to use computer network and software applications as needed
- Ability to organize and coordinate tasks, projects, and workload
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others
- Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education
- ND Educator's License with EL endorsement or willingness to obtain endorsement*
- Ability to develop positive relationships with students, parents, staff, and the school community
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to successfully facilitate complex issues and situations preferred
- Prior experience at the elementary level preferred
- Prior experience working with English learners preferred
*Candidates pursuing the EL endorsement must complete required coursework within the required timeframe outlined by the ND licensing board.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience and education, the starting salary for this position is $38,493-$61,775 for 188-day contract, following the 2022-2023 Teachers' Salary Schedule
The WFPS District funds the entire 11.75% employee contribution to TFFR, as well as the 12.75% employer contribution.
DEADLINE: July 10, 2022 or Until Filled
TO APPLY: https://www.applitrack.com/westfargo/onlineapp/ Submit a letter of interest, resume, and three letters of recommendation, along with a completed online application.
The West Fargo Public School District is committed to maintaining a learning and working environment free from discrimination and harassment in all employment and educational programs, activities, and facilities. The District prohibits discrimination and harassment based on an individual's race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, or other status protected by law. External applicants are eligible for ND Veteran's Preference: North Dakota veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a form DD214, and if claiming disabled veteran's status, a current letter of disability. West Fargo Public Schools is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusivity in all hiring and employment practices. Applicants who incorporate a holistic perspective and a commitment to inclusion are encouraged to apply.