Community Relations Specialist
Work with staff in Regulatory Services to support and coordinate rental property portfolio inspections. Plan, develop and implement additional outreach on behalf of the department that supports health, safety and equity in the community.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Alternative Enforcement Team and Rental Property Liaisons to review rental properties and coordinate portfolio inspections including but not limited to research, project planning, general analysis and outreach.
- Act as a liaison for the City and the Department, develop and implement communication strategies to educate and inform the public, and other stakeholders about the goals, policies and programs concerning community engagement activities, and support connections to resources, or resolve specific issues.
- Build and maintain relationships and open communications with community organizations and external stakeholders, including renters and property owners.
- Produce newsletters, public announcements, and other documents, using appropriate computer applications.
- Identify desired outreach materials and create documents so that they are accessible in multiple formats and languages for various audiences.
- Assist with administrative details scheduling meetings, coordinating communications, and responding to requests.
- Assist the community engagement team with scheduling meetings, coordinating communications, responding to requests.
- Assist with the drafting and production of correspondence, and other important documents for internal and external audiences, and forms for City Council processes, publications, newsletters, and other important documents.
- Maintain important program information and database information, including tracking rental portfolio cases in the department and other jurisdictions.
- Provide coordination of staffing, supplies and all associated communication for community fairs, festivals, events, and other venues.
- Work with the Community Engagement Manager and the Department Director in providing staff support to the Community Engagement, its task forces and/or other department or community advisory groups; preparing and delivering presentations as needed.
- Other community-related duties as assigned
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree in Urban Studies, Public Administration, Political Science or equivalent
Minimum Experience: One year of experience performing similar duties with neighborhood groups and organizations.
Preferred qualifications: Housing and/or public sector experience
Equivalency: An equivalent combination of education and experience closely related to the duties of the position MAY be considered.