Digital Marketing Intern (Fall 2022)
Weber Shandwick Baltimore is not looking for your traditional PR or social-media Intern. Instead, we’re focused on the strategies and platforms needed to develop integrated marketing campaigns.
What you'll do all day:
- Plan: Assist in project coordination and logistics
- Evaluate: Review project deliverables to ensure they meet specifications and standards
- Coordinate: Collaborate with media, creative, strategy, development and account teams
- Report: Review and provide input on performance deliverables
- Engage: Share big ideas in brainstorms and with teams
- Research: Analyze brands using various resources
- Monitor: Track clients and industries online behaviors and relevant/trending topics
What we're looking for from you:
- Thinking: Do it out of the box. Look for holistic and innovative ways to meet needs and challenges. Foster a curious mind and ask thoughtful questions.
- Digital: Know digital platforms (tech, email, CRM, social, etc.), what brands are doing with them and best practices.
- Technical: Know Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook. Familiarity with platforms like Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, Facebook Business, LinkedIn, Adobe Creative Suite, Sprout Social, MailChimp, Campaign Manager, WordPress
- Management: Meet deadlines, put out fires and multi-task. Work fast, and work well. Volunteer to take on new responsibilities.
- Detail-Oriented: Attention to detail and a commitment to delivering clear and precise work is a must.
- Problem-Solving: Think proactively and provide solutions/recommendations for day-to-day tasks and account initiatives
- Dynamic: Ability to work in a fast-paced agency environment, often independently.
- Communication: Speak, write and edit succinctly and compellingly.
- Spark: Understand what value you can bring to our team.
What you’ll get from us:
- Built-in mentorship: all interns are paired with a mentor dedicated to making your time with us amazing.
- Exposure: You’ll be introduced to cross-functional marketing teams, solving the greatest challenges for enterprise- and mid-level brands.
- Trainings and coaching: you’ll be invited to workshops and ongoing trainings to introduce you to the latest and greatest in the industry.
- A possible career: Internships have the possibility of growing into a Junior Associate position.
- A paycheck! Interns are paid hourly, at 40-hours per week.
How to apply:
Candidates are required to submit the following supplements. Incomplete applications will not be eligible for consideration.
2. In lieu of a cover letter, please upload a response to the writing prompt below
Prepare a one-page written response to the following question:
Multiculturalism, gender equality and age diversity are important for campaigns and the communication industry as a whole – and it's these things that help us produce award winning work!
In no more than one page double-spaced, tell us about yourself, your views on diversity in our industry, and why you’re positioned to contribute to our work. And while we respect modesty, don’t be bashful – this is an application to the world’s leading communications agency, so we’re keen to see your creativity and strength as a storyteller.
- The ideal candidate must be a recent graduate or have demonstrated transferrable skills
- Must be available to work 40 hours a week starting early/mid-September
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.