Federated Hermes Career Opportunity
Responsibility works… as a Data Scientist! Remote
We have an exciting opportunity for a Data Scientist!
What You’ll Do
Federated Hermes is looking for Data Scientists that can grow, solve, drive, and create as we transform into a rapidly maturing data and advanced analytics culture. The Advanced Analytics & Business Intelligence team is bringing data science and machine learning to life by synthesizing large volumes of data and building new analytical solutions which help inform our business partners and help enhance our business processes. A successful data scientist on our team will be part scientist, part strategist, part engineer and part artist.
What can you expect?
This is a full stack data science opportunity that will get to work with some of the latest technologies in the Azure Cloud including Databricks, Azure Machine Learning, and Cognitive Services. You will have the opportunity to drive the full data science lifecycle – from strategy to data preparation and algorithm development to communicating the answer in a way a non-data scientist will understand. A proactive, creative, curious mind-set and a desire to influence your own development will go a long way.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree in data science, machine learning, computer science, applied mathematics, statistics, and/or related advanced analytics field, Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum 1 – 3 years of related experience, including professional / internship or project based, with exposure to data science concepts, mathematical modeling, algorithm development and computational tools on a variety of platforms, frameworks, and methodologies (i.e., R, Python, Spark (PySpark), SQL, Hadoop, etc)
- Familiarity with varying database structures and experience working with and wrangling large data sets
- Exposure to data visualization technology and capabilities (i.e., Tableau, PowerBI)
- Exposure to data tools and advanced analytic capabilities in a cloud environment (i.e., Microsoft Azure)
- Exposure to a variety of data products that will complement model / algorithm development (i.e., Panda Libraries, Azure Machine Learning, Databricks, Jupyter Notebooks, etc) required
- Experience in developing algorithms, data models and cognitive capabilities that interact with other software and analytical components that run autonomously with minimal human supervision
**The experience level of the candidate will determine level of position as Data Scientist or Sr. Data Scientist**
Our Investment in You
We believe our employees are our most important asset! Therefore, we offer benefits programs designed to help you and your family thrive, training programs to advance your professional development and opportunities for you to give back to the community. Our offerings include:
- A competitive total compensation package, including bonus programs designed to recognize and incentivize our employees to do their best every day
- Time off programs including paid vacation, parental leave and a volunteer day to help you stay healthy and connected to the things that are important
- Opportunities to expand your professional network within the firm and the community through participation in programs such as the Women in Investing Employee Resource Business Group and the University Ambassador Program.
- Remote or Hybrid work schedule
About Federated Hermes
At Federated Hermes, our goals are to help individuals invest and retire better, to help our clients achieve better risk-adjusted returns, and to contribute to the positive outcomes in the wider world. We pledge to always putting our clients first and to acting responsibly and transparently. Our commitment to active, responsible investment has enabled us to become a leading investment manager with $655B in assets under management; serving investors around the world.
We provide careers opportunities that have enabled our employees to grow and meet their career aspirations while balancing the needs of their personal lives. We offer a collaborative environment that promotes doing things the right way and always with integrity, sharing ideas to drive positive change, and following through on our commitments. We are motivated by a higher purpose and always consider the impact of our work. We promote teamwork and foster a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace where unique perspectives, ideas and experiences are recognized and appreciated for the contributions they bring. At Federated Hermes, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all aspects of employment. As part of the company's equal employment opportunity policy, Federated Hermes takes affirmative action to ensure that minorities, females, veterans, and qualified people with disabilities are considered for employment and promotional opportunities.
Federated Hermes, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits package along with a professional environment.
Only those candidates in whom we have an interest will be contacted.