Dietitian - # 16091
Agency: Department of Human Services
Closing Date: 7/14/2022
Salary: Anticipated Salary: $4162 - $6033 per month
Work Hours: Monday - Friday; 8:00am - 4:30pm; 1 late day and 1 early day per month
Work Location: Ludeman Developmental Center; 114 N Orchard Dr Park Forest, IL 60466-1200
Job Type: Salaried Full Time
Number of Vacancies: 1
Please apply through this link: https://illinois.jobs2web.com/job-invite/16091/.
Under general supervision, interprets diet prescriptions in the planning and preparation of menus and diets for individuals at Madden Mental Health Center; plans and directs the preparation of all diets; participates in the habilitation planning process; trains professional and paraprofessional staff with regard to proper nutrition and dietary requirements. Verifies compliance with Joint Commission and Public Health Standards, as well as the Center’s and Department of Human Services (DHS) policies and procedures regarding nutrition and dietary needs.
1. Plans and develops general and modified diets for the diets of individuals being served based on the individual’s medical/physical condition, assesses each patient on a modified diet and makes changes in diets based on assessments.
2. Provides direction to staff in the areas of food preparation, portion control, modified diet, sanitation procedures and stock maintenance in accordance with Public Health Standards and Joint Commission, the Centers and DHS policies and procedures.
3. Conducts regular reviews of food and related supplies and equipment in the Stores areas and on the units.
4. Perform quality assurance checks including sanitation, food production and physical plant.
5. Conducts in-service training to professional and para-professional staff regarding nutritional needs, dietary requirements, sanitation procedures, portion control, Joint Commission and Public Health Standards in accordance with in-service needs.
6. Performs other duties as assigned or required which are reasonably within the scope of duties enumerated above.
1. Requires knowledge, skill and mental development equivalent to completion of four years of college with courses in dietetics.
2. Requires possession of a current Food Service Sanitation Certificate issued by the Illinois Department of Public Health, or requires possession of a Certified Food Protection Manager (CFPM) certification from a program accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) Conference for Food Protection (CFP).
3. Requires licensure as a dietitian nutritionist by the Department of Financial and Professional Regulation.*
Conditions of Employment
1. Requires the ability to meet all agency vaccine/health-related policies and guidance.
2. Requires the ability to pass the IDHS background check.
3. Requires ability to pass a drug screen for drugs prohibited from recreational use under Illinois Law.