Project Manager (Greenways)
The Greenways Project Manager ensures the efficient and effective delivery of multiple greenway projects in the Dakota County Parks Department by serving in both lead and support roles. The position is responsible for providing highly skilled project and process management in accordance with established County standards for various-sized design and construction projects.
This newly-created position is initially open as a limited term position for a period of twelve (12) months from the incumbent’s start date. Extension beyond the initial term is contingent upon the availability of funding and job performance. The position includes County benefits, vacation/sick pay, and paid holidays.
The position will work remotely, in the field, and in the office. The priority responsibilities for the position are as follows:
- Manage the design and implementation of the first phase of greenway wayfinding improvements. This will involve overseeing the sign design and site selection process based upon refined concepts finalized by the County in early 2022.
- For projects managed by other internal or external partners, conduct design review to ensure that greenways include proper and sufficient signage, visitor amenities, plantings, interpretation, and natural resource improvements in accordance with County greenway standards.
- Provide training to staff and partners on County greenway standards to ensure their awareness and understanding. Additionally, provide training to staff and partners on the fundamentals of reading plan sets and technical documents to achieve overall improvements in the design process.
- Revise County greenway standards when needed under the direction of the Parks Department.
** NOTE: Hiring Manager requests applicants attach a cover letter to their application. **
• Bachelor's Degree in Landscape Architecture, Architecture, Engineering, Environmental Design, Construction Management, Planning, Project Management or closely related field.
• One year of full-time design and construction project management experience.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience to total 5 years in design and construction project management.
• A valid driver's license
• Experience coordinating and/or leading public park, trail, and/or greenway design and construction projects.
• Experience with environmental regulations.
• Experience with the public engagement process.
• Experience developing and providing training.
DEPARTMENT: Dakota County Parks
SALARY RANGE: $63,915 - 99,868/year (108 Grade Level)
LOCATION: Western Service Center, Apple Valley
CLOSE DATE: 4:30 p.m. on Monday, July 11, 2022
Visit our website for a full job description and to apply on-line: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/dakota?page=2