Reports to: Building Principal
General Summary: Supervise and manage the school library/media center. Provide services and resources that allow students to develop skills in locating, evaluating, synthesizing, and using information to solve problems. Serve as teacher, material expert and curriculum adviser to ensure that library/media center is involved in instructional programs of the school.
- Committed to being an active participant in Professional Learning Communities for school improvement.
- Conducts assigned activities from the administration, in conformity with the approved policies of the Board of Education and State and Federal Law.
- Increases continued student learning by collecting appropriate data from formative and summative assessments.
- Creates a media center environment conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Makes effective use of planning time. Observes designed working hours per the job assignment and uniqueness of each assignment.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques facilitating the use of technology and instructional media consistent with the needs and capabilities of the individuals of student groups involved.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct. Develops reasonable rules of behavior and procedure in the classroom and maintains order in the media center in a fair and just manner.
- Provide group instruction and individual guidance to students to help them locate resources and use teacher techniques.
- Consult teachers on appropriate use of materials and help them schedule material for classroom instruction.
- Serve as information resource for users of library/media center materials and provide staff development opportunity for teachers on the availability and use of campus and district learning resources.
- Performs other duties as assigned at the request of the superintendent, superintendent designee, or principal.
- Maintains confidentiality as defined within the policy and procedure manual.
- Education – Bachelor’s Degree (minimum)
- Certification or Licensure- Valid Indiana Teaching License in School Media Services
- Knowledge- Understanding of collaborative learning teams and effective instructional practices, standards, formative and summative assessments, and ways to disseminate derived data.
Length of Contract: 191 Days
Position Type: Exempt