HR Intern - Talent Development
Top Workplaces 2022
Talent Development Internship- remote
Looking to build your career in an exciting industry and a growing world-class organization? Come see why so many of our team members recommend us to their friends!
Who are we?
Rentokil has been keeping people, homes, and businesses safe from the dangers of poor hygiene and pest-borne diseases for over 95 years. Our mission today is the same as it has always been: to protect people and enhance lives. Rentokil is the largest pest control company in the world, and we are the third largest pest control company in North America. We pride ourselves on being a trusted partner to many of the world's leading brands across industries as diverse as manufacturing, distribution, retail, food service, and hospitality. We are extremely proud of our legacy of excellence and constantly work to enhance the value and impact of our services.
What do our Talent Development Interns do ?
The Talent Development Internship offers you a chance to think creatively and bring ideas to life. Our interns work in a fast-paced environment, learning from our Talent Management and Learning & Development teams through training, mentoring and networking. You will support numerous projects such as performance reviews, goal setting, onboarding and orientation, talent reviews, training and more! You will analyze data and help come up with and execute creative solutions, supporting our culture of continuous improvement. If you want to be a part of a collaborative, open-minded culture where you will contribute meaningful work, we want you on our team!
This is a 6-month remote, full or part-time (30+ hours a week preferred during the summer), flexible internship based on school schedule. Potential for eventual permanent placement.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support talent management initiatives including performance reviews, goal setting, calibration and talent reviews.
- Assist with monthly onboarding and new hire orientation (coordinating webinars, managing surveys, analyzing feedback).
- Utilize HR system (UKG) to run reports, summarize and analyze data, and make recommendations
- Partner with Learning & Development Team to understand the LMS (Cornerstone) to support talent initiatives.
- Observe the training team, focusing on best practices and strategies for virtual facilitation standards, producing, and effective presentation development and delivery.
- Additional projects as needed.
What do you need?
- Senior or Grad Student standing (as of Fall 2022) at accredited 4 year university/college
- Pursuing a full-time undergraduate or graduate degree in Business, Human Resources, Management or a related field
- Understanding of Google Workspace suite such as Google Docs, Slides, Sheets, etc. (preferred)
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel proficiency (preferred)
- System management / technology savvy
- Track record of accomplishments in school and at work
- Analytical abilities
- Attention to detail
- Solid communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Well-developed organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Action oriented and strong follow-up
- Positive, can-do attitude, self starter
- Must pass pre-employment background screen
We are looking for individuals who want to make a difference where our customers live and work. Is that you?