Purchasing Intern / Co-Op
Carlisle Brake & Friction is a globally recognized leader in the development and manufacture of highly innovative brake and friction system solutions to service a diverse range of motion control applications. The comprehensive nature of Carlisle’s brake system expertise includes hydraulic control products, industrial brake assemblies, wet and dry friction material for brake, clutch, and transmission applications as well as aftermarket replacement kits, all developed and manufactured under the Carlisle umbrella. Our full-system product offering supported by our industry-experienced staff of experts provides our customers with brake system solutions that set them apart from their competition.
Under the direction of a Commodity Manager, this person will support strategic sourcing projects for multiple manufacturing locations to deliver the required equipment, parts and services and ensure lowest total cost of ownership at the highest quality and service level.? The scope of this position requires working closely with multiple departments, divisions and executive leaders to support North American manufacturing.? This position will also support supplier management practices with key suppliers.
Must be an excellent communicator, problem solver, and self-driven learner, as well as possess strong analytical abilities. Must demonstrate commitment to Carlisle’s Values and Total Quality philosophy. Must maintain working knowledge in all disciplines of World Class Manufacturing Techniques. Strong sense of urgency. Meet deadlines. Able to take direction and coaching. Strong analytical skills, along with working knowledge of PC applications & statistical software. Team approach to problem solving. Individual must be a motivated, self-starter with the ability to work independently and/or in a cross-functional work team environment.
- Manage multiple projects across supply chain commodities to drive cost, quality, and risk mitigation improvement. ?
- Prepare, review, execute, and analyze request for quote (RFQ) proposals to deliver desired outcomes.
- Comprehend and communicate the critical characteristics of engineering drawings for components.
- Working within an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system to understand purchasing trends, forecasts, and historical pricing data
- Support Commodity Managers in negotiation efforts through benchmarking, data analytics, and providing market insights.
- Build relationships and engage in business environment to identify new opportunities for improvement.
- Commit to supporting manufacturing and/or internal customer needs on projects.
- Working towards a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, or Business is required.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of college credits.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent communication, analytical, negotiation and organizational skills in conjunction with the ability to manage multiple projects. ?
- Looking to gaining experience and knowledge of manufacturing equipment, preferably equipment related to machining, heat treating, stamping, and cutting (gear and laser).
- Learn how to implement multi-plant service agreements including but not limited to, freight, multi-functional devices, tooling, energy, MRO, and temporary labor.
- Gain experience in working with cross functional teams to provide comprehensive analysis of equipment, services and value add services.
- Improve understanding of trends in material prices, sources, and global/?domestic market conditions.
- Become experienced in domestic and global sourcing with very strong negotiation and dispute resolution skills.
- Execute strategic sourcing events (supplier selection, negotiation and contracting). ?
- Candidate must physically and mentally perform the job demands as listed above.