Human Resource Specialist Senior
Are you passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work? We are currently seeking a Human Resource Specialist Senior with a strong human resources background. This announcement will be used to recruit for our offices in Boise and Idaho Falls. This position will require an on-sight presence with the flexibility to hybrid telework. Join our team of highly functioning professionals in a progressive environment!
Critical thinking skills and the ability to build and maintain good working relationships are a must. This position requires a flexible, creative, solution-focused, customer-service driven, and energetic business professional.
ONE OF THE BEST RETIREMENTS AVAILABLE IN THE NATION
We have the one of the Nation's best state retirement systems (PERSI) that offers a lifetime benefit.
- excellent medical, dental and vision insurance-employee only coverage for PPO $65/month for medical and vision & $11.00/month for dental
- generous vacation and sick leave accrual beginning as soon as you start
- 11 paid holidays a year
- paid parental leave
- multiple savings plans, optional 401K, and optional 457
- basic life insurance for employee and family
- employee covered at one times annual salary
- spouse covered at $10,000
- child covered at $5,000
- wellness programs
- ongoing training opportunities
- an opportunity for student loan forgiveness
- and more!
Our generous benefits package increases the total compensation of a full-time (benefits eligible) Human Resource Specialist Senior making $29.75/hour to an estimated $42.16/hour.
When completing your application, please select the location(s) -Boise or Idaho Falls- that you are willing to work. These selections are made under Agency Questions.
If you have previously applied for Human Resource Specialist Senior and wish to be considered for the current vacancy, you must reapply under this announcement. Previous scores will not be used.
Example of Duties
- Acts as a business partner to leadership and provides advice and counsel regarding employee relations issues, civil rights, recruitment, and performance management.
- Provides consultation to employees regarding human resources issues.
- Investigates HR issues and provides consultation and recommendations in concert with legal counsel and other HR professionals.
- Develops and conducts training in human resource and staff development areas.
- Provides consultation on employment laws, rules, policies, and procedures.
You must possess all the minimum qualifications listed below to pass the exam for this position. Click on the Questions tab associated with this announcement for the details regarding minimum qualification requirements. The Supplemental Questions on the application are the exam questions. If it is a written answer, please make sure you answer each question with enough detail to determine how you meet the requirements. Do not put see resume as your answer to written questions. Answer each written question thoroughly. Failure to do this may result in not passing the exam and disqualify you from being considered for this position.
- Good knowledge of human resource administration.
- Good knowledge of equal employment opportunity/affirmative action concepts and legal requirements.
- Experience interpreting, applying, and explaining laws or rules.
- Experience researching and preparing reports and recommendations.
- Experience conducting in-depth interviews.
Below is an additional qualification. It is not required, however, having the minimum qualification below will increase your score.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in HR Administration or closely related field; OR certification as a SHRM CP or SHRM SCP.
To be considered you must apply online at the link below. To learn more about this position and to apply by 07/13/22, copy and paste this link into your browser (Chrome works best):
Hiring is done without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. If you need special accommodations to satisfy testing requirements, please contact the Division of Human Resources at (208) 334-2263.
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations.