Placement Social Worker
$2000 sign-on bonus for new Seneca employees in this position!
The Placement Social Worker is responsible for both the clinical treatment and case management of youth placed in intensive Resource Family Approved (RFA) homes and our enhanced programs. As the Placement Social Worker you will support resource parents with meeting all expectations to gain and maintain RF approval as well as meeting the needs of the youth. You will support the youth through clinical assessment and direct care to meet their immediate and long-term needs. You will be part of a multidisciplinary team to support the youth in meeting all treatment goals and transition to a more permanent placement.
Seneca supports clinicians towards licensure and beyond. We provide individual and group supervision, regular clinical case conferences, and licensure and renewal courses led by field experts. Expenses such as outside trainings or licensure fees can be mitigated through your clinical training stipend. Looking to expand your clinical skills even more? Apply for a Professional Development Scholarship and achieve certifications in areas such as CBT, DBT, EMDR, or Spanish for mental health practitioners. Training and growth opportunities in the agency are abundant, and Seneca is committed to helping you advance in your career!
Seneca Family of Agencies is committed to providing traditionally marginalized communities a network of outstanding mental health, community based, and educational services. We are committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages people of color to apply. Our programs are deeply engaged in conversations and trainings on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in order to bring equity and justice to the youth and families we serve.
- Function as the team leader for multi-disciplinary team and coordinate all treatment and placement activities
- Design and implement each child’s treatment plan in conjunction with the treatment team
- Coordinate all activities involving the birth family (including counseling, court appearances, home visits and reunification efforts) in conjunction with the treatment team
- Provide in-home training and support to the RFA parents during weekly meetings
- Provide weekly support for each child/parent and visit child in the home at least once per week
- Part of the crisis on-call rotation
- Chart weekly progress notes and all other documents needed for treatment services, including assessments, diagnoses and treatment plans
- Perform all other duties as necessary for the good of the agency as directed by supervisor
- Master’s degree in Social Work or related in field of social services to meet CCL requirements for “FFA Social Worker”
- BBS registered.
- Own a vehicle, valid California driver's license and insurability with Seneca's automobile policy.
- Clearance of TB test, fingerprints, and any other mandatory State/Federal licensing or certification requirements.
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination and booster required.
- Experience working with emotionally disturbed children in out-of-home care.
- Monday- Friday; 9AM - 5PM
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekend days as needed
- Starting at $67,000 - $81,000 annually. Actual salary dependent on creditable experience above the minimum qualification.
- Additional compensation provided upon passing bilingual language proficiency exam.
- Relocation assistance may be available.
- Mileage reimbursement.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and chiropractic coverage and partially paid premiums for dependents.
- Additional $4000 salary increase for BBS licensure
- 5 weeks of Paid Time Off.
- 403b retirement plan.
- Employer-paid Employee Assistance program.
- Excellent clinical training, individual and group supervision, and assistance towards licensure.
Key Words: Social Worker, Mental Health, MFT, MSW, PCC, ASW, AMFT, APCC, LMFT, LCSW, LPCC, Therapist, Therapy, Social Work, Acute Psychiatric, Crisis Services, Non-profit, Nonprofit, Youth, Advocate, Family, Children, Family, Families, Behavioral Health, Healthcare, Probation Social Worker, Probation, Katie A Programs, Katie A Services, Placement, Case Coordinator, Case Manager, Placement, Placement Social Worker, FFA Social Worker