Sr. Analyst, Strategic Analytics
WHO WE ARE
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Strategic Analytics is a fast-growing team that provides deep insights and advanced analytics to senior leaders across Comcast Cable. As internal consultants, we support the strategic decisions that drive Comcast’s growth, improve its products, and improve its customers’ experiences. Our team is looking for a hands-on analyst who can leverage Comcast’s abundant data assets to become a trusted partner for our business leaders and solve their most complex problems. The role is highly visible and provides exposure to a broad range of Comcast’s product and functional areas.
- Proactively identify, prioritize, and conduct analyses that drive meaningful change on key objectives established by senior Comcast leadership
- Synthesize actionable insights by joining together large data sets from across the company, and applying appropriate analytical techniques
- Communicate findings clearly and concisely through narrative-driven presentations and effective data visualizations to Comcast executives and decision makers
- Leverage analytical background to determine when advanced quantitative research tools and models should be used to address stakeholder problems
- Develop analytic plans and testable hypotheses for key business questions raised by partners to ensure that all important questions are addressed fully, appropriately, and accurately
- Effectively manage competing priorities through planned and ad-hoc requests
- Promote and evangelize a culture of excellence, data driven discussions, healthy skepticism, intellectual curiosity, knowledge sharing, and teamwork, while maintaining an environment that is upbeat and fun
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Deeply understand the business challenges faced by Comcast leadership, and their context
- Incorporate business acumen into analytical work: make the right assumptions, control for the right variables, and interpret results from the perspective of the business stakeholder
- Generate insights from large data sets that are actionable and add value to the business
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with teammates and business stakeholders
- As needed, learn and deploy advanced analytical techniques or data science approaches, including natural language processing, neural networks, random forests, clustering algorithms, graph theory
- Able to filter through the ambiguity of business problems to be able to produce a high-quality analysis
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Effective communication skills: ability to “tell the story”
- Highly proficient in SQL. Proficient in or willing to learn other analytical tools such as R, Python, or SAS
- Ability to learn and apply data science, machine learning, or other advanced analytical techniques
- Ability to grasp complex analytic principles and techniques
- Strong business acumen & demonstrated aptitude for analytics that incite action
- “Lean forward” bias to find opportunities and drive results
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to progress multiple analyses in parallel
- Ability to work effectively across functions, disciplines and levels
- Work on problems requiring judgment and in-depth evaluation of multiple factors
- Independently identify key issues, patterns or deviations from norm
- Skill in identifying data issues and anomalies during analysis
- Big Data Experience a plus – working with Hortonworks/Hadoop
Education and Experience
- Minimum: BA/BS degree in marketing, economics, statistics, psychology, engineering, computer science, mathematics, or finance
- Preferred: MA/MS degree in a quantitative discipline
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in analytic role, including time spent pursuing advanced degree.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.