Writer/Reporter Internship- Fall 2022
• Interns have the opportunity to participate in every aspect of our internal publication which focuses on first responders in the New England Area: from pitching story ideas, to setting up interviews, gathering public records, and interfacing with major agencies across the country.
• Work hand in hand with our writers shadow and assist editorial staff.
• Basic duties include: gathering and organizing materials, obtaining public records, organizing interviews and meetings, basic story research fact-checking and background.
• Interns will also have the opportunity to pitch their own articles and ideas.
What We Look For:
• Candidates should be passionate about public safety, first responders and the news, in this position you will be the voice of these brave men and women, telling their stories from their perspectives and investigating issues relevant to that community. You will have to be self-motivated, able to multitask, have a good attitude, and be able to function well in fast paced, high volume environment.
• An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
• Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
• Experience working closely with public safety agencies, unions, organizations and departments across the area!
• A fun and truly thrilling internship that will give you unique stories to tell your friends about for years.
Check with your school's Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting the hiring offer to determine if this position satisfies the criteria for receiving academic credit.