Full Time Substance Abuse Counselor/Therapist-Portland, ME
Compassionate Substance Abuse Therapist Needed-Portland Maine!
Liberty Bay Recovery Center offers a wide array of resources and support that addicts need to begin their lives. Our supportive and understanding staff are truly the cornerstone of our addiction recovery program. Liberty Bay Recovery understands that our job is to do everything in our power to help individuals steer clear of the devastatingly frequent instances of relapse that a lot of people experience following recovery treatment.
Title: Residential Counselor
Location: Portland, ME
Role and Responsibilities
- Facilitate group and individual therapy sessions.
- Discuss with client what their goals are for treatment, including immediate and long-term goals.
- Complete needed documentation for compliance and client records in a timely fashion.
- Complete the Clinical Assessment and initial treatment plan as part of the admissions process.
- Use the problems identified in the Clinical Assessment to create an individualized Master Treatment Plan that will guide the client’s clinical care and direction.
- Create an individualized treatment plan review outlining progress in treatment and completion of objectives.
- Utilize outcome surveys to make appropriate changes to the client’s Master Treatment Plan based on the results.
- Provide substantial client documentation through treatment plan updates, group notes, progress notes, discharge/transfer summaries and utilization reviews.
- Participate in Performance Improvement initiatives, making adjustments where indicated to achieve all corrective action goals.
- Participate when asked, to participate in community education and marketing initiatives
- Participate in staffing meetings, trainings and weekly clinical supervision.
- Adhere to all confidentiality laws and maintain ethical, professional boundaries with clients.
- Assign department head roles to clients and discuss house captain notes during the morning clinical meeting.
- Ensure that all weekly clinical audit items are completed in a timely manner.
- Collect and approve request slips for sponsor visits, family visits, outside appointments, etc.
- Any other related tasks that are assigned.
- Addiction counseling and/or substance abuse treatment history.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, email and EHR systems.
- Attention to detail and completeness of all clinical notes and documentation.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Active CADC certification, LADC, LPC LCSW, LMSW-CC or LCPC within the State of Maine.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must pass a State of Maine criminal background check and driving record check and drug screen
Everyone will be asked to be in compliance with the most recent COVID guidelines from CDC, State, County and City.
What to expect from us:
Liberty Bay Recovery Center a progressive substance abuse treatment organization is committed to the highest quality of patient care in a comfortable outpatient clinic setting. Our ultimate goal is to address the physical, emotional, and mental aspects of opioid use disorder to help each of our patients achieve long-term recovery and an improved quality of life.
Liberty Bay Recovery Center is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran’s status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws