WM Credit Risk Business Management AS/VP
Firm Risk Management
Firm Risk Management (FRM) supports Morgan Stanley to achieve its business goals by partnering with business units across the Firm to realize efficient risk-adjusted returns, acting as a strategic advisor to the Board and protecting the Firm from exposure to losses as a result of credit, market, liquidity, operational, model and other risks.
Background on the Position
The role will reside within Firm Risk Management's Wealth Management Credit Risk Team.
Wealth Management (WM) provides a comprehensive array of financial services and solutions to individual investors and small to medium-sized businesses and institutions covering brokerage and investment advisory services, financial and wealth planning services, stock plan administration services, annuity and insurance products, securities-based lending, residential real estate loans and other lending products, banking and retirement plan services.
Credit Risk Management (CRM) evaluates credit risk transactions and approves, rejects, or modifies them considering the availability and appropriateness of arrangements for reducing risk or risk mitigation. The department also assigns Internal Credit Ratings, establishes and manages credit risk limits in accordance with the risk tolerance established by the Board, monitors and reports on credit risk exposures on a regular basis to the Chief Credit Officer, Chief Risk Officer & senior management. CRM also interacts with business units to ensure that credit risk assessments are factored into business decisions.
The Business Management Group is responsible for managing budget, financial plan, and resource management including headcount and hiring management.
The successful candidate will maintain working relationships with the Chief Operating Officers (COO) in Firm Risk Management, Finance Group, and senior management team within Wealth Management Credit Risk organization.
· Manage budget and build financial strategies for the organization
· Facilitate and monitor the vendor contracts and payment process
· Design and maintain cost allocation methodology
· Maintain and support the Business Continuity Plan
· Provide administrative oversight and control
· Bachelor's Degree required
· 5+ years of work experience
· Vice President or Associate level role, level dependent on applicant's experience
· Excellent relationship management, communication, teamwork, and influence skills
· Strong prioritization skills with ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment
· Self-motivated and proactive attitude, with an ability to work independently, if needed
FRM is committed to creating and providing opportunities that enable our workforce to reflect diverse backgrounds and views