Departmental Analyst 9-P11
The Department of Insurance and Financial Services (DIFS) is seeking an individual to work in public service as a Departmental Analyst in the Office of Consumer Services. This is an opportunity to build a lifelong career doing work that truly matters - helping protect consumers by ensuring the insurance products sold in Michigan comply with Michigan and federal statutes.
In this position, you will be part of the Office of Consumer Services, which provides protection, assistance, and guidance to Michigan residents who have questions or problems concerning property, casualty, health and life insurance, annuities, and other financial services. The function of the position ensures the equitable treatment and consideration of consumers through the review and analysis of consumer complaints and the actions of DIFS’ licensees to determine compliance with statutes and policy language. This position will require you to communicate with consumers, licensees, legislative offices, and other state departments on a daily basis. Effective written and verbal communication is essential to ensure the concerns identified in consumer complaints are addressed.
Ideal candidates will have:
- The drive to serve the people of the State of Michigan and make a difference in an important role that supports Michigan individuals and businesses.
- The ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative, and high-tech environment while demonstrating sound professional judgement and decision-making.
- A curious and analytical mind capable of analyzing complex statutes, policy forms, and converting this information into an easy to understand, consumer friendly format.
- The ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and effectively both orally and in writing.
- The desire to work closely with colleagues and management to solve problems.
- The ability to work well both independently and within a team.
Other job features:
- Participation in webinars, conference calls, and employee development training.
- DIFS is looking for a team member who has an interest in helping others, who wants to learn and grow as a professional, and who wants to enjoy all the exciting things life in Michigan has to offer.
- This position provides competitive pay, retirement, health, vision, and dental benefits.
Work Location: This is an in-person position based in Lansing, Michigan, with the possibility for a hybrid work schedule where you would work from home up to two days per week, following a training period if approved.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and official transcripts. In addition, please attach a sample of your business writing that is at least one page in length. Failure to attach the requested documents may result in your application being screened out.
DIFS is a Silver-Level Veteran-Friendly Employer, demonstrating its commitment to recruiting, training, and retaining veterans and their spouses.
Required Education and Experience
Possession of a bachelor's degree in any major.
Departmental Analyst 9
No specific type or amount is required.
Departmental Analyst 10
One year of professional experience.
Departmental Analyst P11
Two years of professional experience, including one year of experience equivalent to the intermediate (10) level in state service.
Additional Requirements and Information
View the job specification at: http://www.michigan.gov/documents/DepartmentalAnalyst_12505_7.pdf (Download PDF reader)