2023 Process Engineer (Master's Level) - Early in Career Opportunity!
Applied Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale helps our customers – who make smartphones, supercomputers, virtual reality headsets, autonomous vehicles and more – transform their ideas into reality. Our innovations Make Possible® a Better Future.
Inside our company, we apply the idea of make possible as we work together. We value our people and teams who turn possibilities into reality by advancing our strategy, accomplishing great things and empowering others. We are deeply committed to fostering a Culture of Inclusion where every person knows they belong, feels empowered to bring their whole self to work, and is inspired to grow.
If you’re looking for a great place to grow your career, consider Applied Materials. With the data explosion and new investment in semiconductors, it’s an exciting place to be.
- Process Engineers work across technologies such as: Chemical Vapor Deposition, Atomic Layer Deposition, Plasma Reactive Ion Etch, Physical Vapor Deposition, Anneal and Implant. Responsibilities include:
- Develop cutting-edge processes used to manufacture the most-advanced semiconductor chips, many of which are inside everyday electronic devices
- Design, collect data, analyze and compile reports on complex process engineering experiments
- Perform hardware characterization on a variety of advanced systems
- Measure film properties and interpret data to drive concise conclusions
- Troubleshoot moderately complex problems, perform Root Cause Analysis and resolve moderately difficult process engineering issues
- Generate internal and external documentation for products, presentations and technical reports
- Interact with customers to resolve moderately difficult process engineering issues
- Identify, select and work with vendors and suppliers
- Implement new technology, products and analytical instrumentation
- Graduating with a Masters in Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, Nanotechnologies or related field
- Semiconductor technologies experience a plus
- Able to solve complex problems and take a new perspective on existing solutions
- Ability to exercise judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Explains complex information to others in straightforward situations
- Multi-disciplinary team collaboration
- Has an appetite to grow a career in the semiconductor industry
- Flexible and adaptable mindset
- Thrive in a results-driven culture
- Previous internship or related experience in field
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Thesis and relevant coursework
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.