Technical Project Manager
Why ZT Systems
AT ZT Systems, you’ll get to do work your proud of alongside smart, passionate people. Every day, there are opportunities to collaborate with the best in the industry to design, build, and deliver impactful solutions to world-class customers. Along with way, you will gain hands-on experience in a face-paced environment that’s challenging, rewarding, and career-defining.
A culture built around our values, we work hard and think fast. We view challenges as opportunities—to do better, push harder, and be faster than we were the day before. When we fail, we learn from it and move on together. And when we succeed we use the momentum to go even further. We create value with everything we do, building the foundation of today—and transforming the future of tomorrow.
Join ZT Systems and help us build technology infrastructure that connects the world.
About the Role
The Platform Engineering Project Manager will coordinate with technical program managers and lead engineers to ensure that projects are delivered on schedule. This person will manage project related materials, generate master production schedules, actively monitor project risks, conduct advanced supply chain analyses, lead the effort to resolve supply issues and communicate project status to technical program managers to ensure that the team executes the plan.
- Maintain, track and communicate weekly material readiness reports to support prototype hardware builds
- Coordinate the interactions between procurement, operations and engineering to ensure smooth product flow
- Create post build material usage reports compared to non-recurring engineering expense budget
- Analyze and maintain engineering material requests data reliability and track data discrepancies
- Develop and execute plans to achieve finished goods scrap targets
- Identify and drive plans for improvement of supply chain metrics (i.e. inventory, scrap, availability, etc.)
- Employ the use of quality and lean thinking tools to identify and drive improvement opportunities
- Ensure supply plans generate credible master production schedules by identifying and resolving supply/demand imbalances
- Establish and use best practices for safety stock calculations, supply planning and inventory target development
- Proven ability to structure and conduct advanced supply chain analyses using Excel in the areas of inventory management, production planning and capacity planning
- Leads the efforts to resolve supply issues, escalates to sourcing as required to maintain business continuity
- Extract large sets of data from several databases and import into Excel and/or Access for status reporting and analysis
- Collaborate with engineers, managers, program teams, build teams and system teams to ensure bill of material quality and accuracy in preparation for program launches
- Contribute to the preparation of project documentation to ensure customer requirements are met in alignment with the program schedule
- Contribute to the development and improvement of processes to ensure team optimization
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, analytical, project management and communication skills
- Ability to navigate ambiguous data to achieve focus and use facilitation skills to keep projects moving forward
- Detail oriented with strong record-keeping and organizational skills
- Ability to view situations objectively from different perspectives
- Ability to resolve complex problems and think strategically
- Proven proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Excel Macros
- BS in Electrical, Mechanical or Computer Engineering. Masters preferred.
- 0-3 years of experience in data analytics or project management
- Experience as a Mechanical or Industrial Engineer, Business Analyst, Database Analyst, Supply Chain Analyst preferred
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel; and working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
ZT Systems offers a highly competitive salary commensurate with work experience and/or education, an excellent benefits program that includes a 401(k) plan, health and dental insurance, and paid time off. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status. ZT Systems is a Drug-Free Workplace.