Learn & Earn - Marketing and Social Media Coordinator
Anticipated Start and End Dates: September 2022 – Spring 2023
Remote or In Person: Optional- 9 Channel Center St, Boston MA
Hours Per Week: 10
Work Schedule: Flexible
Pay Rate and Travel Stipend: $18/hr and one-time $240 travel stipend
Internship Class: If chosen for the internship, you will take the three credit INT-299 Learn and Earn internship course during fall semester (you pay for the course but if an internship course is not part of your program, we can try to see if a required course can be replaced but this is not always possible).
United Way’s BoSTEM initiative has the mission of uniting with the diverse communities of Boston to provide career-inspiring and culturally responsive science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) opportunities for all underrepresented learners. We work with schools, afterschool programs, companies, and many others in partnership to provide these opportunities, and connect people to resources.
Are you looking for a way to flex your marketing skills, while also helping to inspire the next generation of STEM professionals? United Way’s BoSTEM initiative is expanding our brand, and our teams requires someone able to support us in creating and managing our communications through mediums such as blogs and instagram. Special consideration will be given to BPS alumna.
Brand Ambassador – Generally help us get the word out about BoSTEM within your network, and help us engage more directly with students and families about science, technology, engineering and math (STEM)
Marketing Research – Researching relevant social media groups, hashtags, influencers on various social media platforms. Running social media pilot studies on our intended audiences, and analyzing results to improve our reach.
Managing Social Media – The intern will supervised control over our social media, and will support the creation of our social media strategy, draft posts, and work with the marketing team to ensure our content is delivered on time and effectively.
• Professional demeanor and ability to work in multicultural settings
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and to work independently
• Creation enthusiast with strong writing and communication skills
• Experience in marketing and social media management
• Background in education, youth development and/or STEM is a plus
• Proficiency in Spanish, Portuguese, or Haitian Creole is a plus
BHCC Vaccination Requirement:
In order to create a safe and inclusive environment for our students working in the field, BHCC is requiring:
· All students who are doing in-person internships to BE VACCINATED AGAINST COVID19
- If you are already vaccinated against COVID19 (with Pfizer, Moderna, or J&J vaccines) please submit your documentation (a picture of your vaccine card) here: https://bhcccentral.etrieve.cloud/#/form/118.
· Students seeking a medical or religious exemption may request an exemption at COVIDvaxexemption@bhcc.edu. Exemptions and accommodations are not guaranteed.
Katie Colello - Learn and Earn Coordinator ● firstname.lastname@example.org