Residential Assistant - Doreen's Place Program
Do you want to work for a Top Workplace? Reliance Health has been named amongst the Top 3 midsize Workplaces in Connecticut, by the Hartford Courant since 2011.
Reliance Health, Inc. is a private 501(c)(3) nonprofit with the mission to enhance health through mental wellness. We provide tools and resources for over 950 individuals to move forward in their lives. The dedication and passion of our 250 plus employee allows each one of our over 30 programs to focus on positive relationships and mental wellness as we believe healthy living starts with your mind. Since 1976, our programs have assisted adults find and preserve stable housing, advance educational goals, gain experience, develop social networks, maintain employment, and advance day-to-day life skills within Eastern Connecticut. For every individual we serve, there is a positive impact on many. Healthy adults create stronger families. Stronger families empower each other to thrive and become engaged citizens. Stronger communities are built based on mental wellness.
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package we also offer flexible schedules, educational growth opportunities, Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program, peer recognition programs, a casual dress code, Agency events, retreats, and family first philosophy.
We are seeking dedicated professionals to staff our quality programs.
Residential Assistant - Doreen’s Place - $16.25/Hr
Closing Date: 7/04/2022
FT 40 Hr/wk Provides 24/7 support to program participants at their level of need in a secure, environment promoting self-esteem, and self-sufficiency, while helping them grow and achieve their person-reach residential goals. Responsibilities include: light housekeeping, regular bed checks, monitoring mental and physical health of members, and medication cueing when necessary. Documentation of services in the Electronic Medical Records System (EMRS). CNA/HHA/PCA/PCT preferred.
Hours: Mon - Fri, 11:00 pm - 7:00 am
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists Program Participant in performing daily living skills and personal care needs
- Provides emotional support to Program Participants
- Monitors Program Participant’s physical and mental health and reports relevant information to the Service Coordinator or Director/Coordinator
- Provides conditions that maximize safety for staff and Program Participants
- Documents interactions and services provided in the program’s communication log
- Provides coverage as needed at any of the Agency sites per Agency need
- Requires light housekeeping and disinfecting such as floors, laundry, and cleaning surfaces.
- Engages in continuous concerted efforts to access, obtain, and respond to pertinent agency information/communications, and disseminate as appropriate
- Other responsibilities of Reliance Health staff, such as participation in Agency events, adhering to Agency Policies and procedures, training requirements, etc.
- Provides working conditions that maximize safety for staff and program participants
- Performs duties while demonstrating Agency Core Competencies and values
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in the provision of mental health services preferred
- Valid CT Driver’s License, vehicle registration and insurance
· Good driving record
We offer an excellent benefit package, competitive wages, and loan repayment program. EOE/M/F/D/V Bi-lingual preferred. AA. We are committed to fostering diversity in the workplace.