Environmental Engineer/Physical Scientist/Life Scientist - R5
This position is in Region 5, Enforcement and Compliance Assurance Branch, Water Enforcement and Compliance Assurance Branch.
If selected, you must work at the location stated in this announcement. Salary will be based on the grade level for which you are selected.
About Region 5: https://www.epa.gov/aboutepa/epa-region-5
At the entry level of this position, you will:
- Participate in enforcement activities as directed by senior enforcement officer or supervisor.
- Provide technical assistance on analytical methods, sampling techniques, etc.
- Assist senior enforcement officers in the development of technical, scientific or engineering information for the development, negotiation and litigation of both civil and criminal enforcement matters.
- Assist senior enforcement officers to provide regulatory compliance assistance to facilities during inspections, investigations, and compliance assistance visits.
- Provide assistance to engineers and scientists within the immediate organization by researching technical aspects of EPA laws and regulations.
When entering a Federal job at a grade level lower than the highest promotion potential level, you may be promoted to more complex duties and work more independently, as your career progresses. NOTE: Career ladder promotions are not automatic, and all eligibility and qualifications requirements must be met in order to progress to the next grade level.
You will spend less than 25% of your work time on contracts, grants/cooperative agreements, and/or interagency agreements.
One or more positions may be filled (in the organization advertised and/or in other organizations).