*The City of Greenacres' Compensation Plan allows for hiring at a maximum rate of up to 20% above the minimum range for the position based on experience, education, training, and specialized or unique knowledge, skills and abilities over and above the minimum requirements.
Thank you for your interest in employment with the City of Greenacres. At a minimum, you must be able to meet the following requirements:
- Must have graduated from an accredited high school, or have obtained a State of Florida G.E.D. certificate or equivalent.
- Must possess a valid State of Florida driver's license.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be of good moral character.
- Must submit to a post-offer psychological, CVSA and physical examination. The offer of employment will be conditioned on the results of testing and/or examinations.
Individuals with disabilities who will need reasonable accommodation in order to complete a test must inform the City of Greenacres a minimum of 48 hours prior to the administration of the test. Documentation supporting the need for accommodation must be submitted a minimum of 48 hours prior to the administration of the test. (29CFR1630.14(a)App.).
REQUIRED INFORMATION AND DOCUMENTS
A minimum of three (3) professional/personal references must be provided within the application.
Please upload the following documents to the application:
- H.S. Diploma/G.E.D. Certificate
- College Diploma (if applicable)
- Veterans Preference documentation (if applicable)
- Military DD214 Form (if applicable)
- Military Discharge Certificate (if applicable)
Applications received without required attachments will be considered incomplete.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Position Summary: Performs basic administrative support to include processing and filing documents, data entry, responding to requests, and providing customer service both in person and by phone.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(The duties listed are intended to serve as an example of the typical functions performed. They are not exclusive or all-inclusive and will vary with assignments.)
- Answers telephones, enters data and maintains, processes and disseminates reports and records.
- Delivers messages, memos as well as gathers reports and surveys.
- Greets individuals and refers them to proper individual.
- Provides information to the public and refers customers to appropriate resources.
- Signs for subpoenas and incoming deliveries.
- Sorts and applies postage to outgoing mail.
- Opens and closes facilities daily.
- Maintains records for Fixed Assets.
- Scans documents and maintains general files.
- Provides assistance as needed entering work orders and answering record requests.
- Assist with events, activities, programs, as required.
- Performs general/clerical tasks, which may include typing documents, making copies, sending/receiving faxes, or processing incoming/outgoing mail.
- Provides assistance to other employees or departments as needed.
- Serves as the backup to the Administrative Assistant.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Computer software, including a detailed knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and other programs.
- Good business English, spelling, grammar and mathematical skills.
- Customer Service procedures.
- Understand and adhere to rigid regulations and policy procedures.
- Complete assignments accurately and on a timely basis.
- Obtain and maintain HIPPA Compliance Certification.
- Prepare and maintain clear, concise and accurate records and reports.
- Ensure confidentiality in matters related to employees.
- Maintain a courteous and professional demeanor.
- Maintain high standards for professional and ethical conduct.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, public agencies, vendors and the general public.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Follow safety rules and regulations of the City and the Department.
- Support the Department’s and City’s Mission, Values and Goals.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- One (1) year clerical experience in a general business setting.