Paraprofessional 504 - O'Dea Elementary School
Information specific to this position: This position will be for the 22/23 school year
Pay Range: $18.00 - $20.16 (min – 12% above min)/hr*
Work calendar days: 185
Duration of position: Ongoing
Benefits include: PERA retirement, paid time off, short and long term disability, as well as other optional benefit elections.
SUMMARY: Responsible for assisting the student(s) in the general classroom or teacher by providing instructional and physical support
for students with physical and/or mental impairments so that they may fully participate in class/school activities. Assist students with
personal care, social skills and/or self awareness. Assist teacher with classroom materials and clerical skills and monitor students.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Frequency of duties, percent of time and work year may vary based on department or building assignment.
DESCRIPTION OF JOB TASKS:
1. Assist the general classroom teacher with implementing accommodations, monitoring and
enforcing acceptable social and physical behavior, to meet 504 Plans, Safety Plans, behavior
plans, and/or health care plans.
2. Assist students with personal care, social skills and/or self awareness and in getting to and
from bus stops, restrooms, lunchrooms, etc. Assist students with personal health and hygiene,
including spoon feeding, tube feeding, toileting, catherization, and diapering. Lift, transfer, or
push students in wheelchairs. Use alternative language techniques such as sign language or
voice activated computer systems and adapt classroom materials for use by a student with a
hearing or vision disability as needed.
3. Assist teacher in preparing materials, administering tests, grading, taking attendance,
completing paperwork, maintaining files, evaluating and recording student achievement and
maintaining student records.
4. Monitor student(s) in classroom and during breaks, lunch, recess, time outs, on field trips,
getting on and off the bus, etc. Reinforce school-wide discipline procedures.
5. Assist teacher and/or administration with special projects.
6. Attend work and arrive in a timely manner.
7. Attend appropriate inservices, building meetings, training, 504 meetings, parent conferences
and/or school functions.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• One year of related experience
• Experience working with special needs students preferred
• Equivalent combination of education and experience acceptable
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
• Criminal background check required for hire
Questions regarding this posting can be directed to email@example.com