Operates X-ray equipment to make radiographs of designated portions of the body. Performs quality control checks. Maintains required documentation.
- Translates examination into layman terms based on professional knowledge to relieve patient of pre-testing anxiety.
- Performs various x-ray exams according to established standards, procedures and procedures of the division.
- Positions patient for taking of radiographs according to the departmental standard operating procedures.
- Recognizes and promptly reports patient’s motor abnormalities; including, fainting, discoloration, contrast reactions etc., to the Radiologist.
- Operates equipment for transferring computed images to film and archival of disc memory to tape.
- Utilizes film markers and ensures images are properly marked as the “right” or “left” side.
- Ensures images are legibly labeled with correct date and patient identification.
- Keys in Patient history data and other pertinent information obtained from requisition.
- Arranges, attaches, or adjusts immobilization and supportive devices for patients.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- Vocational or Technical school Diploma required.
- Current License to practice as a Radiologist in New York State, and Current ARRT Radiology registration required.
- 1-3 years of technical experience, required.