Software Engineer Intern
Software Engineer Intern
The Software Engineer Intern is an entry level, overtime-eligible position that reports to the Director of Electronics R&D. The Software Engineer Intern’s primary responsibility is to work with the Hardware and Software team to develop and/or enhance ongoing product development and to contribute new ideas in the process.
• Uses repository (SVN, BitBucket, Git etc.) with consistent and conscientious regularity.
• Promotes and utilizes bug-reporting programs such as JIRA.
• Works with Test Engineering to resolve issues and drive test requirements.
• Responds, resolves, or schedules resolution from bug and anomaly reports expeditiously.
• Adheres to and provides updates to company coding standards as new practices that are adopted or where best practices can be applied to refine the standards.
• Ability to design, develop or modify software for new and existing apps and projects.
• Works with hardware engineers to design and document system architecture for new products.
• Strong debugging skills.
• Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
• Will be asked to assist in committing code to repositories for outside developers without access
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• High School Diploma and enrolled in a Computer Science College program.
• 1 year of relevant work experience.
• Proficiency with Visual Studio and/or other IDE’s.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Able to work the schedule of 9:00am-6:00pm with flexibility as the department needs.
• Experience with Python language and phone app development.
• Machine Learning (AI) experience.
• Familiar with Blazor or any of latest development tools and languages.
• Phone App development (Natived) xCode, swift, Android studio, Java and other languages.
• Experience with Linux.
• Alexa Skill development.
• Frequent work with handheld diagnostic equipment, able to operate a computer and other office equipment.
• Must be able to remain stationary for an extended length of time.
• Able to move throughout the facility.
• Moderate level of stress may occur and should develop the ability to work under the pressure of tight deadlines.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.