Project Management Internship
Project Management Intern
The DEC Network
Hybrid if in DFW OR Remote
Start Date: Mid-August 2022 (can be flexible)
Category/ Job Type: Internship
Supervision: Program Coordinator of The DEC Network
A nonprofit organization in Dallas dedicated to fostering entrepreneurship, the DEC Network puts you in a place that facilitates economic activity and wealth creation in disinvested communities.
Interning at the DEC Network exposes you to nonprofit organizational practices, entrepreneurship community outreach, equity culture advancement, and local economic structures - all within a project management framework for this specific internship.
Whether you are an aspiring artist, graphic designer, journalist, IT professional, engineer, researcher, analyst, consultant, or not sure what you quite want to do yet and would simply love a future job where you can use all your skills, an internship like this one with the DEC Network teaches universally applicable, wholly valuable skills and perspectives that you can use for the rest of your life.
Explore a project management internship at the DEC Network.
Intern Learning Objectives and Responsibilities (You will learn to...)
- Produce timelines to finish individual projects and adhere to said timelines
- Identify areas of improvement in various aspects of projects and communicate effective fixes, executing said fixes as necessary
- Determine topics and skills you wish you explore and incorporate into your internship
- Conduct research into any alternatives for project decisions and provide recommendations
- Design functionally efficient, aesthetically pleasing files
- Take meeting notes when needed for post-meeting planning
- Bring strong curiosity and genuine helpfulness to the internship
- Budget time for a workload of 10-15 hours per week
- Complete project-related and academically-relevant tasks as assigned
- Proficient in Excel
- Proficient Data Base Systems
This is not a paid position. We provide a three hour course credit for fulfilling the internship.
About The DEC Network
The DEC Network is a non-profit organization that drives innovation and economic impact by helping entrepreneurs start, build, and grow their businesses.
With multiple innovation hubs across North Texas, we offer community, mentorship, and signature programs that provide connections and partnerships between startups, corporate innovators, and investors to accelerate innovation and funding.
- Innovation hubs across North Texas including The DEC@RedBird and The DEC@Common Desk.
- Signature programming that includes Dallas Startup Week, Women Entrepreneurs (WE) Dallas, Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEW) Fort Worth and various events across the Metroplex (note: all upcoming events will be virtual unless otherwise noted).
- Partnerships between investors, corporations, and startup organizations across the country, and our persistence to bring high-quality programming and new funding to our region.
Check with your school's Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting the hiring offer to determine if this position satisfies the criteria for receiving academic credit.