Summer Analyst, Redwoods Leadership Development Program
internship Job Description:
The Summer Analyst Program is a ten-week internship for rising college seniors. Interns manage projects that will directly impact operational and strategic initiatives across DaVita’s global business. Potential summer project teams include finance (corporate, field, and technology), strategy, data analytics, operations innovation, clinical enterprise, patient experience, hospital partnerships, government business, real estate, and human resources.
Interns experience our business and operational cornerstones that make DaVita the leading healthcare provider that it is today. Each successful Summer Analyst is ideally offered a position in the Analyst Leadership Development Program upon completion of their undergraduate degree.
To learn more about past projects and Summer Analyst roles, visit www.davita.com/redwoods
In addition to mentorship, executive exposure and skill-building workshops, the summer curriculum includes:
- A rich cohort experience, with a start group of over 20 fellow Summer Analysts from top schools
- Manage a high impact project
- Present project results to senior leaders
- Interact with CEO and other executives
- Learn from your assigned peer and senior level mentors
- Attend deep-dive sessions to learn about leadership development and various departments
- Gain technical skills in analytics and project management as well as soft skills including emotional intelligence and communication
- Hone your business acumen
Ideal Intern Qualifications (No healthcare background required):
· Demonstrated leadership potential
· Strong analytical / quantitative skills
· Highly skilled in problem solving and critical thinking
· Ability to manage work and prioritize responsibilities
· Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
· Alignment with DaVita’s Mission and Core Values
· Permanent U.S. work authorization is required
· All interviews will be virtual for fall 2020 recruiting
· First round interviews include two interviews (one business case, one behavioral)
· Second round interviews include three interviews (one business case, two behavioral)
WHEN APPLYING, PLEASE SUBMIT A “Why DaVita” STATEMENT IN LIEU OF A TRADITIONAL COVER LETTER:
At DaVita, our mission and values are more than just a slogan on the wall; they’re integral parts of our workplace. DaVita is a community first and company second that’s committed to building the Greatest Healthcare Community the World Has Ever Seen. In 300 words or less, share your “Why DaVita?” statement and why you’d like to be a part of the Redwoods Leadership Development Program. Please be sure to include your name on the “Why DaVita” statement.
DaVita, a Fortune 200 company, is a leading global provider of kidney care. We do healthcare, but we are not about healthcare. We care about the lives of our patients, teammates (employees) and partners, and the communities in which we operate around the globe.
DaVita was founded on the principle of being a Community first and a Company second. We want all teammates to experience DaVita as “a place where I belong.” Review our inaugural Diversity and Belonging report and how we are driving impact within our Village and broader communities we serve. We are proud of what we have accomplished thus far as a Village for D&B, recognize that we can do better, and are shaping our commitments for the future.
"To be a special place, we need our Village to be diverse and have every teammate feel like they belong. When this is done right, it feels like family and that’s how I want all teammates to experience our Village."
-Kenny Gardner, Chief People Officer
DaVita Kidney Care delivers dialysis services and education to patients with chronic kidney failure and end stage renal disease. With a track record of innovation, DaVita has many internal entrepreneurial startups that span across several lanes in healthcare. Some of these include DaVita Integrated Kidney Care, our integrated care group for patients with kidney disease and Nephrology Care Alliance, our business that scales and deploys tools to nephrologists to support the transition to value based care.
As DaVita continues to lead through the COVID-19 pandemic, our Village is strong and growing.
To learn more about DaVita Inc. visit
Position Base Range
Summer Analyst: $20/hr - $25/hr
Note: Starting pay will be commensurate with qualifications & experience
Bonus Eligible: Yes
The Redwoods Summer Analyst position is an internship program, the position is a non-exempt full time teammate, the internship program is non-benefit eligible.