2023 Finance Summer Analyst - New York / Tokyo Pipeline
2023 – Corporate Infrastructure – Finance - Summer Analyst – NY/TK Pipeline
Division: Corporate (Finance)
Location: New York with potential relocation to Tokyo in future
Program Duration: June 2023 – August 2023 (10 weeks)
Nomura is a global financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking), and Investment Management (Asset Management and Merchant Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com.
If you are keen to be a part of this fast moving, innovative and diverse workforce and are looking for the opportunity to build a long term career, then come and discover more about Nomura. This could be a perfect fit for you!
Finance professionals play a critical role in creating and preserving shareholder value by providing business advice and ensuring controls are in place to protect the global franchise. Functions within Finance include accounting, treasury, tax and regulatory services, as well as business product control. Finance is also responsible for communicating the Firm’s overall financial performance to the outside world, interacting closely with creditors and rating agencies. We also manage the Firm’s funding and liquidity requirements.
This program will provide you an opportunity to learn how we manage the flow of money in and out of the business. You will also enjoy an excellent overview of Nomura's performance, including revenues, expenses, regulatory capital and resource, as well as insight into the Firm’s entity books and records.
- Financial Reporting and Accounting
- Product Control / Middle Office
- Capital Management
- Management Information
- Cost Management and Analytics
- Pursuing bachelor’s degree in any fields (Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration, Legal Science or related field will be preferred), graduating between December 2023 and June 2024
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in Japanese is not mandatory, but is preferred. Strong interest in learning Japanese is required
- Strong interest in finance and desire to work in the finance industry
- Strong numerical ability
- Strong problem solving / analytical skills
- Good team player / communicator
- Strong work ethic
- Desire to innovate and drive change
- Skill in data analysis is welcomed
Nomura is an Equal Opportunity employer.