Therapeutic Coach - Boyle Heights
OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
Provides crisis support services to individuals at risk for acute crisis, loss of residential placement, and/or individuals who are currently experiencing crisis using the START (Systemic, Therapeutic, Assessment, Resources, and Treatment) service model. Provides services in the home or community as needed. May serve individuals with developmental disabilities to address a range of severe needs, such as de-escalating crisis, problem behaviors, adaptive daily living skills, behavioral health needs, health and wellness, social, leisure activities, etc. Provides coaching, support, and guidance to the parent/guardian/caregiver in implementing treatment plans. Monitors, documents, and collects data applicable to daily progress.
To learn more about our START program, you can view our YouTube video at this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZSOdy00F5g
- Implement person-centered therapeutic interventions within an individual’s home and support primary caregivers with also implementing these interventions.
- Conduct observational assessments and provide feedback to START team about biopsychosocial factors influencing current functioning, effects of interventions, and coaching outcomes.
- Offer consultation and hands-on education with entire family/support system to create a safe, nurturing, and meaningful home environment.
- Assists individuals with daily activities, personal care, behavioral health needs, health, wellness, and leisure activities.
- Maintain professional boundaries with individuals and families receiving services and follow ethical and licensing guidelines.
- Participates in development and implementation of persons’ cross system crisis prevention and intervention plan.
- Plans, structures, and prompts social and leisure activities, including activities that build skills for positive supports, stress reduction, health and wellness, communication, adaptive living and daily living.
- Serves as a positive representative of the START Program with other professionals, families, and the community.
- Maintains timely documentation, progress notes, and other data, including incident and accident reports.
- Responds to individual safety needs, including reporting significant changes in behavior and health.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required from an accredited college or university with preference for programs related to psychology, social work, or other human service related field.
- Must have and maintain current CPR certification card.
- 2 years of exposure working with individuals with developmental disabilities and behavioral health needs. Preferably, the candidate will have experience with high intensity challenging behaviors.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Must possess basic computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Microsoft Teams, Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.). Must be able to learn and use iPad and/or other assigned devices.
- Ability to maintain positive consumer interaction and professionalism, communicate effectively through oral and written skills, and work cooperatively with a variety of individuals and groups; demonstrated ability to interact well with participants, their families, and to maintain positive and cordial demeanor.
- Ability to interpret and implement ESSC policies, procedures and regulations.
- Ability to demonstrate good judgement, exercise discretion, and maintain a high level of confidentiality in handling sensitive situations and documentation.
- Ability to pass a post-offer physical examination and a TB test.
- Ability to provide proof of required vaccinations or positive titer showing immunity. A signed declination may be acceptable for certain vaccinations.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a criminal record/fingerprint clearance from the Department of Justice and Federal Bureau of Investigation per Easterseals of Southern California and/or program requirements.
- Ability to travel locally; maintain a driving record in compliance with Transportation Safety Standards; maintain auto insurance and vehicle registration.