Chemist (Analytical Chemist)-R3
These positions are in Region 3, Laboratory Services and Applied Science Division, Laboratory and Technical Services Branch, Laboratory Section. If selected, you must work at the location stated in this announcement.
About Region 3.
- Prepare, analyze, and evaluate environmental samples for the determination of contaminants and chemical parameters.
- Interpret and evaluate data to determine its significance, and communicate findings orally and in written reports.
- Implement and adhere to Laboratory Quality Control system requirements.
- Modify, and validate methods.
- Provide technical assistance based on the analysis of environmental samples.
When entering a Federal job at a grade level lower than the highest promotion potential level, you may be promoted to more complex duties and work more independently, as your career progresses.
For details on qualifications and eligibility, see the USAJOBS application.