Commercial Data Analyst
The Commercial Data Analyst role leads processes to drive commercial insights by supporting database management and data integrity. The position supports the Commercial Strategy, Sales, Marketing and Customer Experience teams by providing timely enhancements to the data infrastructure and building of reporting tools.
***Sponsorship not available for this role***
- Oversee commercial platforms, tools and processes that drive commercial insights and coordinate requirements with key cross-functional stakeholders
- Deliver insights from analytics to inform strategy, challenge and proactively adapt business practice to support effectiveness in commercial activity, brand plans and business reviews
- Data integrity and reporting alignment among various internal groups and/or between internal and external sources. Ensure local adherence to global definitions.
- Concept, design and implement national and global dashboards with relevant KPIs to track business success and progress on local campaigns
- Design and conduct training regarding reports and reporting tools
- Provide ad-hoc value-adding analyses and prepare regular reports highlighting market insights, trends and variances for commercial teams and senior management
- Gather and prepare analyses based on information from internal and external sources to evaluate and demonstrate salesforce effectiveness and efficiency
- Maintain and build databases to ensure business functions/insights can be executed effectively
- Handle data and analytics ad-hoc requests to support marketing and customer care stakeholders
- Utilize big data tools to consolidate and cleanse large data sets into easily digestible formats
- Create and maintain complex analytical models, tools, and metrics to support optimization across a multitude of commercial attributes and distribution points
- Handle bug fixes and data updates and support the data platform updates and other related enhancements
- Handle routine break fixes and other standard data requests
- Bachelor’s Degree in business related, economics, financial, or analytical discipline required
- MBA preferred or graduate studies in economics, finance, engineering, or related field
- Minimum 1+ years prior analytical, commercial, or similar quantitative field experience required
- Minimum 2+ years prior experience, and/or graduate degree in lieu of experience, in related field
- Preferred experience in the travel, tourism, or hospitality industry, but not required
- Solid understanding of data infrastructure, SQL, and Tableau
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to create data visualizations and update data platforms
- Required proficiency in Tableau and SQL
- Preferred experience with Teradata, Python, and AWS
- Excellent communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills are essential
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
At Hertz, we champion and celebrate a culture of diversity and inclusion. We take affirmative steps to promote employment and advancement opportunities. The endless variety of perspectives, experiences, skills and talents that our employees invest in their work every day represent a significant part of our culture – and our success and reputation as a company.
Individuals are encouraged to apply for positions because of the characteristics that make them unique.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Hertz is a drug free workplace.
EOE, including disability/veteran