Graduate Traffic Engineer (Req ID 5805)
Graduate Traffic Engineer (Req ID 5805)
Who We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We’re looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all backgrounds. That’s why here at WSP, inclusion, diversity, equity and belonging are core principles. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Full-Time Graduate Traffic Engineer for our Atlanta, GA office. Be involved in projects with our Transportation Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our clients' objectives and solves their challenges.
Takes part in providing local technical assistance for the analysis, design, and operation of streets and highways, their networks, adjacent land uses, and interaction with other modes of transportation and their terminals. Tasks may include basic assistance with performing capacity analyses and assisting with the design, concept development, and construction of roadways, traffic patterns, and traffic signal design and timing. Generates accurate and concise documentation regarding assigned aspects of the project. Ensures that responsibilities are delivered and adhered to with a level of quality that meets or exceeds acceptable industry standards for design, safety, and functionality.
- Assist with performing basic professional traffic engineering work relating to conducting investigations and inspections of proposed and existing site conditions, roadways, intersections, signage, signals, pavement markings, and transportation corridors to determine conformance with applicable rules, standards, and construction or operating permits.
- Provide entry-level technical assistance on various design requirements, operating strategies to account for the safety and functionality of end-users, and transportation vehicles/systems.
- Assist with verifying the characteristics of a site and providing basic technical assistance on traffic engineering studies, capacity analyses, traffic complaint investigation, traffic plan review, signal system design, monitoring and control, and operations analysis to ensure roadways are designed in a safe and efficient way and the driver is provided with all of the necessary information and safety metrics to help ensure that their driving experience is safe and efficient.
- Generate complete, accurate, and concise documentation using electronic systems and field/work site notebook/logs.
- Complete training on assigned tasks.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, or closely related discipline.
- 0 to 1 years of relevant post education experience
- Excellent research skills with analytical mindset.
- Competent interpersonal and communication skills when interacting with others, expressing ideas effectively and professionally to an engineering and non-engineering audience.
- Proficient self-leadership with attention to detail, multi-tasking, and prioritization of responsibilities in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to work independently under general supervision, as well as part of a team to meet business objectives.
- Basic proficiency with technical writing, office automation, software, spreadsheets, technology, and tools.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Ability to work schedules conducive to project-specific requirements that may extend beyond the typical workweek.
- The selected candidate must have the ability to work in the United States immediately.
- Recent graduate or May 2022 Graduate in an accredited Civil Engineering, or related, Undergraduate or Graduate program.
- The successful candidate will have 0-3 years of internship experience in discipline Engineering.
- Experience using Revit, AutoCAD and/or Microstation software.
- Engineer in Training (EIT) Certification.
- A member of and/or actively participate in local professional practice organizations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Travel Required: N/A - No travel required
Job Status: New Graduate
Employee Type: Full
Primary Location: ATLANTA - 3340 PEACHTREE RD
All locations: US-GA-Atlanta
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 12,000 employees in over 200 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.