Chemical Engineer (5393)
Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking a Chemical Engineer for our Thermal Sciences Practice in Warrenville, IL. In this role, you will work as part of a team of Mechanical, Chemical, and Fire Protection Engineers.
You will be responsible for:
- Performing outstanding technical work related to a wide application of fundamentals of chemical engineering
- Reviewing and synthesizing supplied materials
- Communicating key findings to project teams and clients
- Managing multidisciplinary project teams
- Demonstrating commitment to quality management
- Identifying opportunities for new projects
- Continuing professional development through publication and certifications
- Mentoring and collaborating with other staff
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering
- Research background emphasizing transport phenomena, separations, process design, dynamics and control, chemical kinetics, and/or thermodynamics
- Experience in the development of experimental design, construction of experimental apparatus, instrumentation, data acquisition and data analysis
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Highly self-motivated as demonstrated through presentation at technical conferences, publication in peer reviewed journals, professional certifications and engineering licensure
- Intellectual curiosity with a passion to explore a vast array of problems and applications both within and outside of their area of specialization
- Demonstrated leadership skills and proven ability to work in a multidisciplinary, collaborative environment
- Previous industry experience, including co-op, work study, or internship, preferred
To learn more about life at Exponent and our impact, please visit the following links.
We value and encourage diversity, equity and inclusion across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at HR-Accommodations@exponent.com.